GE PI6000 Wiring Help

Old 04-12-08, 05:43 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE PI6000 Wiring Help

I just got a Concord 4 system that came with a PI6000 Motion Sensor. I'm not sure how to correctly wire it. The GE manual shows four connections, - + LP and LN, but the motion sensor has T T + - NC and COM. I'm hoping someone can tell me which wire goes where and where the resistor fits in as well.

Thanks!

Old 04-13-08, 11:30 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 315 Upvotes on 290 Posts
The T connections are for the cover tamper switch on the motion. Realistically, in a residential install, you can ignore them.

For the rest of them, just substitute the LP/LN for COM/NC. The resistor goes in series with either leg of the relay side.

Old 04-13-08, 03:25 PM
R
Thanks! That did the trick.

Old 09-23-09, 03:19 PM
I
Concord 4 / PI6000 Wiring & Application

I too have struggled with wiring these devices. The diagram included with the Concord 4, for wired motion detectors is incorrect for these devices. After working that through, I am getting motion sensing on all five zones intermittently. I have covered the sensors but still am sensing zone violations. I can be lying in bed, in the dark, and see the device sensing. I even used the masking kit to totally cover the Fresnel lens to no avail. Although the PI6000 does not explain it, I found another user post that changing the jumper from 2-pulse to 3-pulse would de-sense the device but still - no good. I have powered the device separately (by battery) as a test - still no good. I replaced the units with new ones but no good. Lastly, I tried to use the Concord's cross zoning technique but still realize violations that will alarm. No I've thrown my hands up and am looking to the supplier for some form of a remedy. I understand these ane not dual-technology devices but come on... How can anyone use them? Tapped out.

Old 09-23-09, 05:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 315 Upvotes on 290 Posts
The PI6000 is the VW Beetle of motion detectors. There really isn't much to these to go wrong outside of installation issues.

First, I am assuming that you have the unit mounted with the correct side up (the terminal strip should be on the bottom).

You should not have things like running ceiling fans in the field of view. You should be mounted in the mounting range height per the instructions.

What you are describing is really 90% likely to be the location that you are trying to install in, as opposed to a hardware issue.

Old 09-24-09, 06:21 AM
I
Ge pi6000

First, Thanks for the feedback. As you suggested, all these sensors are mounted "terminal strip down" on blank plastic face-plates on single gang plastic electrical boxes. The height is correct as well. Each location, however, is unique but each generally complies with the "Selecting a Location" recommendations on the manufacturer's Installation Instructions. I have put hats over them and masked one completely. If reflected sunlight (off painted walls) is causing the trouble I'll certainly be prohibited from using them. On the other hand - how can we explain away the sensing at night when all is still? I'll be very interested to hear what other users of this PIR sensor have experienced. Thanks again for your input.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: