Ademco Lynxr/lynxr24/lynxr-en

Old 04-19-08, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Lynxr/lynxr24/lynxr-en

Ademco Wireless LYNXR/ LYNXR24/ LYNXR-EN WITH 5816 Window and door transmitters

I work in construction. I worked on this house and remodeled it and the owner gave me the above-mentioned system. It came with wireless 5816 window transmitters. I do not know the master code to reset the system, is there any way to reset the unit? In addition, when i place all window transmitters about with the magnets in the proximity of the transmitters and I still get numbers coming up on the keypad, could this be the batteries? I am also getting other numbers coming up that do not coincide with the transmitters. When I put the keypad on chime, it tells me which transmitters are to which numbers they are allocated, but they also state which location they were place in the home I took it out of. How do I reprogram this keypad to new locations in my home? I plan to use the alarm system in my home without the telephone hookup with a security co attached. I think this is possible... Any input regarding this matter is greatly appreciated

JCorr

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-08, 11:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
First you start by running a websearch using the phrase:
"Ademco Lynxr EN installer manual"

Yes, there is a bootstrap to access the installer code and then go in and reset everything. In this case, your best bet is to completely default the panel and start from scratch as a new install. That way you don't get surprises from the prior configuration.

The instructions on how to boot the thing in program mode are on page 14.

The default command is *97 and you choose 1 of 4 default configurations.