Alarm System Locked out LCD5501Z Keypad

Old 04-25-08, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Alarm System Locked out LCD5501Z Keypad

I have just purchased a new house with an alarm system. The keypad looks like the LCD5501Z. The kids were fooling around with it and activated the alarm. I have no codes and absolutely no knowledge how to reset it. All I have done for now is cut the speaker wires and disconnected the power supply. I would sincerely appreciate some help for here is anyone can help me reset this system and set it back up. I do not have any passwords (master, user). The previous owners have left the country so there is no means of contact.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-08, 04:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Unplug the battery as well, and repair the sounder wiring.

LCD5501z is a generic keypad. While most of the procedures are the same on the DSC Power series panels, there are a few subtle "gotchas" between the models.

Open the system can and tell us what model is listed on diagram inside the battery compartment door.

The odds are that you will have to default this system. There is _no_ backdoor to bypass the system being armed if you don't have the master code or the installer code, and once it's armed, even the installer code does you no good.

You will need to know what each of the zones on the system were set to do, because the default will wipe the entire configuration out, and you will have to start from scratch.