Installer manual for DSC 1550

Old 04-29-08, 07:04 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installer manual for DSC 1550

Greetings, my daughter just bought a house that has a DSC 1550 alarm system that has been unplugged and turned off for a approx 5 yrs. The person she bought from didn't get the codes from the original owner and he didn't use it. I have not tried to fire it back up yet.
I am looking for an installation manual for this unit.
I installed a DSC 2550 in my house about 18 yrs ago and I do have a manual for it but from reading some threads here it appears to use different command codes.
Thanks
Volfandt

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-08, 07:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
Websearch using the phrase: "DSC PC1550 installer manual".

It was a common system, you will get lots of hits.

Old 05-07-08, 04:05 AM
V
Thumbs up Manual(s) found.

Thanks MrRonFL, that did the trick.
I've also downloaded the DSC programming software and am curious as to how the direct connect PC Link wires up.
It appears there was a kit sold for the PC Link option, does anyone know if this kit is still available?
Or have instructions on how to make up a serial DB9 to DSC panel cable and what pins to connect to?
Thanks again.

Old 05-07-08, 04:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
They still sell the connector. I will caution you that the software is of limited value for configuring a single system. You still have to learn DSC nomenclature and programming rules, and the software can be finicky all by itself.

Old 05-23-08, 06:51 PM
V
Pc 1550

Decided software and cable kit are really not needed. My PC2550 has been in service for nearly 18yrs and I haven't had to reprogram it yet.
Ended up the original installer/alarm serivce for my daughters PC1550 changed the installer code and the master code was unknown by the previous owner that apparantly disabled it. After finding a usable transformer I fired it up and it worked but of course we couldn't arm/disarm it nor reprogram it. I found some instructions on how to default the installer code and mastercode and gave them a try. They stated that it would only work for certain revisions and unfortunately my daughters panel wasn't one of them. After the 3rd or 4th try the panel locked up and became unusable.
Luckily I found a good deal on a good used panel on ebay w/defaulted codes and installed/programmed it and she's working fine. Like mine it is only providing local alarm service.
Don't know what I'll do with the original locked up PC1550 board yet. I may tinker with it some more or try to sell it to someone that may know how to "unlock" it.
Thanks for the help. Thought I'd give an update.