Concord 4 master code reset

Old 05-02-08, 06:36 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 master code reset

I just moved into a house that has a fairly new Concord 4 system installed by Protection One. I was never given any codes and haven't had it activated yet. I just had a quote of $34 a month from P1 if I sign up for 36 months. I typically run from long-term commitments in life, so 3 years was a pretty big red flag for me. I decided to see what I could try the system out unmonitored.

I was able to use the default installer's code to get into the programming menu (w/ no dealer code in system). The default master code doesn't work. Somehow when trying to guess codes I armed the system to stay. Now I can't disarm it. I powered down the system waited 30 min and then turned it back on and it was still armed.

So my questions are (1) how do I disarm the system if I only know the installer's code. (2) is there a way I can reset the master code without resetting everything?

Old 05-02-08, 07:23 AM
G
Originally Posted by drewdat View Post
I just moved into a house that has a fairly new Concord 4 system installed by Protection One. I was never given any codes and haven't had it activated yet. I just had a quote of $34 a month from P1 if I sign up for 36 months. I typically run from long-term commitments in life, so 3 years was a pretty big red flag for me. I decided to see what I could try the system out unmonitored.

I was able to use the default installer's code to get into the programming menu (w/ no dealer code in system). The default master code doesn't work. Somehow when trying to guess codes I armed the system to stay. Now I can't disarm it. I powered down the system waited 30 min and then turned it back on and it was still armed.

So my questions are (1) how do I disarm the system if I only know the installer's code. (2) is there a way I can reset the master code without resetting everything?
My guess is they had Quick Arm turned on and that's the reason it armed up on you. The bad news is that you can't get at the codes when the system is armed. There is no way to disarm it, not even with software.

Old 05-02-08, 09:20 AM
D
So, no matter how long I leave it unplugged it will be armed when I turn it back on? Can P1 reset the codes to the defaults with it armed?

Old 05-02-08, 01:40 PM
G
Yes, there is an eeprom chip in there that stores everything from previous power-down (except time and date). Your only option is to sweet talk P1 into resetting the master code. IF they have the code (previous owner may have changed it)....If there is a way to get a hold of the previous owner of the house, maybe they can help you out.

Old 05-02-08, 08:30 PM
If it is not being monitored, disarm it with the duress code--1+2580

Old 05-03-08, 08:31 AM
Cool

After disarming with the duress code, enter the menu by entering 9 + 4321, keypad should show "time and date", scroll with the b button down to user codes, select "system master code", enter a new code and press #. Exit through the menus with the * key until you get back to "user codes", press the a button until you get to "exit programming" and press * to exit. Should be good to go.

Old 05-03-08, 01:07 PM
D
Thanks for the tips... I tried 1 + duress code and the good news is that the monitor is no longer "armed to stay". The bad news is that the system now is making outbound calls to my cell phone (which I had earlier programmed as the CS phone so that it wouldn't go to P1). When I enter 8 or 9 + installer code the system does nothing. Even when I put in wrong codes the system just goes back to Time and Date without beeping at me like it normally does. Any ideas how to take the system out of duress?

Old 05-03-08, 04:30 PM
If you enter 9 +4321 it SHOULD read "time and date", when that comes up, scroll to user codes with the b button.

Old 05-03-08, 07:24 PM
G
Originally Posted by kcxj View Post
If you enter 9 +4321 it SHOULD read "time and date", when that comes up, scroll to user codes with the b button.

You CANNOT use 9+installer code to get at user codes...UNLESS you do the "back door" sequence... 9+Installer code+3+# You will then be at user codes.

It's either this command, or power completely down, then you have 1 minute to go 9+4321 and then you can scroll to user codes....Does not work on Concord Express....

Old 05-03-08, 07:42 PM
9+ic always works for me, weird.

Old 05-04-08, 09:48 AM
D
Right now, nothing works. Every time I power up the duress calls start going out. I put in the installer code and nothing happens. Any ideas of how to get out of duress status?

Old 05-04-08, 01:09 PM
G
Originally Posted by kcxj View Post
9+ic always works for me, weird.
Let me rephrase that...On a new panel, or after you clear memory, (as in the master code hasn't been changed from 1234 yet), you can use the installer code to get at the user codes with 9+installer....

Old 05-04-08, 05:23 PM
Then panel is trying to send the duress signal in to the cs and since you deleted the rec # it is not getting a handshake. Did you write down the old rec #? If not, you may need to default the panel and reprogram everything. Do you have an alpha keypad? P1 only uses the ATP100 or the fixed English keypad with the door that swings sideways.

Old 05-04-08, 07:29 PM
D
I do have the alpha keypad. I did change the CS but I have a GSM unit as well. When I called P1 (before sending the duress code) they said they were still getting my signal through the GSM unit. I wrote down the Account Number and phone number for the P1 CS but I'm not sure how to get in and change it since I can't get into program mode. How can I default the panel and reprogram everything without getting into program mode?

I may still have a chance of getting the master code. I'm waiting to hear back from the previous owner. If I get that will I be able to get out of duress mode?

Old 05-04-08, 07:44 PM
G
I do have the alpha keypad. I did change the CS but I have a GSM unit as well. When I called P1 (before sending the duress code) they said they were still getting my signal through the GSM unit. I wrote down the Account Number and phone number for the P1 CS but I'm not sure how to get in and change it since I can't get into program mode. How can I default the panel and reprogram everything without getting into program mode?

I may still have a chance of getting the master code. I'm waiting to hear back from the previous owner. If I get that will I be able to get out of duress mode?
Is the GSM an Alarm.Com radio?

To answer the other question, the only way to default the panel and reprogram without going into program mode is the download software...Not really a DIY solution.

Old 05-05-08, 08:27 AM
P1 uses the alarm.com GSM module

Old 05-05-08, 02:56 PM
D
I'm not sure about the GSM module. What are the chances that P1 could fix this thing remotely?

Old 05-05-08, 04:50 PM
G
I'm not sure about the GSM module. What are the chances that P1 could fix this thing remotely?

If they have the alarm.com module, they can reset the password and log into the account and disarm it...Will they? Who knows...

Let's see if we can't figure this out though...When you hit the status (*) button, what does it tell you? Can you enter any other commands (like do a 0+0..Light on/off command) or a 7+1 (chime)? Let me know.

Old 05-06-08, 02:23 PM
D
When I hit the * button it says, "Please Program Time and Date". Hitting 0+0 does change the lights and 7+1 does change the chime.

I talked to P1 and they put in a request to reset the defaults. I called back and they said they were getting the signals I was sending through the GSM unit but the technician tried and was not able to get into my system remotely.

Old 05-06-08, 03:36 PM
G
Sounds like you are good to go now as far as resetting the panel yourself or getting to the codes...

If you want to see what the master code is, hit 9+installer code + 3+#....You will then be in the USER CODE area. Hit the "B" key until you get to MASTER CODE, press "#" and it should show itself.

If you want to clear memory and reset everything, hit 8+installer code +00 to get into SYSTEM PROGRAMMING. Hit the "B" key 3 times and you'll be at CLEAR MEMORY. Hit # it will ask you for your code, enter your installer code followed by the # key... System will power down, then power up again. Let me know how it goes.

Old 05-06-08, 05:19 PM
D
That is the crazy part. The installer code doesn't work. Before putting in the duress code, I had reset the installer code and used it several times to get in to the programming menu. Now I can't get into anything. When I hit 8 + installer code + 00 it just stays on "Enter code". When I hit 9 + installer code + 3 + # it beeps and still says "Enter code". It's like the duress code locked me out completely.

Old 05-06-08, 06:53 PM
G
That is the crazy part. The installer code doesn't work. Before putting in the duress code, I had reset the installer code and used it several times to get in to the programming menu. Now I can't get into anything. When I hit 8 + installer code + 00 it just stays on "Enter code". When I hit 9 + installer code + 3 + # it beeps and still says "Enter code". It's like the duress code locked me out completely.
Or P1 got nervous and beat you to it?

Old 12-08-12, 10:50 AM
D
Sine the dealer code and call center number cannot be reset (even by doing a hard reset on the board to wipe its memory)...

One of the quickest, least expensive fixes for this is to buy a new Express board only on eBay for $45 or so. First download the installation programming manual (not just the user programming manual), and write down all the existing system settings - mostly the sensor settings. Then walk yourself through the installation manual as a dry-run to make sure you have all the info you need. Then take a bunch of photos of your current board so that you know how all the wires are connected (maybe make some tape labels for each before disconnecting). Then you disconnect the system power and back-up battery, the all the other connections. Remove the old board, put in the new one and follow the installation manual, using all the info and photos you recorded earlier. Takes a couple hours and maybe a couple visits t this forum, but pretty straight forward. All the codes are the defaults indicated in the manual (1245, 4321, 12345, etc.) so then you can change them to whatever you want - and you're in control again!

Old 04-17-14, 04:42 PM
"Sine the dealer code and call center number cannot be reset (even by doing a hard reset on the board to wipe its memory)...

One of the quickest, least expensive fixes for this is to buy a new Express board only on eBay for $45 or so. First download the installation programming manual (not just the user programming manual), and write down all the existing system settings - mostly the sensor settings. Then walk yourself through the installation manual as a dry-run to make sure you have all the info you need. Then take a bunch of photos of your current board so that you know how all the wires are connected (maybe make some tape labels for each before disconnecting). Then you disconnect the system power and back-up battery, the all the other connections. Remove the old board, put in the new one and follow the installation manual, using all the info and photos you recorded earlier. Takes a couple hours and maybe a couple visits t this forum, but pretty straight forward. All the codes are the defaults indicated in the manual (1245, 4321, 12345, etc.) so then you can change them to whatever you want - and you're in control again!

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/electronic-home-security-systems-alarms-devices/344109-concord-4-master-code-reset.html#ixzz2zBpw9sA6"

This is not a quickest and least expensive way!!!
If anyone in this situation, just power down the board and carefully remove the 8-pin EEPROM, ask someone to help read out the Installer or User Master code, then just reinstall the eeprom and done with it.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 05-06-14 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-24-14, 05:48 AM
N
24lc256,

Can you provide any more info on what to do? I may need to do this pretty soon.

Thanks,

Last edited by nmcgrawj; 04-24-14 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-06-14, 06:22 PM
Sorry for this late reply -- I has not checked the forum lately.

What you really need is to remove the 8-pin EEPROM from the board, and use a chip programmer (any kind of memory and microprocessor programmers will be able to read this chip) to read the data out. The Installer, Dealer, System Master codes are stored in this data.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 05-06-14 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-05-15, 03:10 AM
C
eeprom reader

Any recommendations as to which eprom reader to use to read this? We are in a similar situation to the one above.

Thanks!

Old 03-31-15, 02:06 PM
D
Have you tried letting the control make all its dialing attempts and then using the installers code? Most controls will dial a predetermined amount of times before giving up. I'm not familiar with ge but have experience with several other brands.

Old 05-14-15, 04:19 AM
C
Chip

On the board it has an 8 pin chip that says:

755-4007 4719

on a sticker on the chip.

I tried various chips settings and couldn't get it to read it. Any suggestions for which chip(s) to try?

Thanks!

Old 05-27-15, 12:06 PM
C
This is a photo of the chip, any idea what the specs are so I can use the EEPROM reader to read it?
Name:  IMG_9561.jpg
Views: 17464
Size:  15.3 KB

This looks like it too, but a different number:
How To: Reset Installer Code Concord 4 - HomeSeer Message Board

Thank you!

Old 02-09-16, 08:57 AM
T
I realize this is an old thread but maybe someone has some knowledge to help. Purchased a home a couple months back which has a Concord Express (with ADT badging) alarm system pre-installed. Previous owners did not leave any of the user codes. I managed to get into the user programming screen using code 6321. I made the mistake of using this code (which I believe is the Installer code instead of the master code) to arm the system. Now I cannot disarm the system using the same installer code. I realize now I should have created a user code with the installer code before I armed the system, but now I am stuck. Anything I can do?

Can someone read the old user codes/master codes from the EEPROM chip?
Is my only option doing a memory clear and reprogram the alarm. I have two keypads but neither is the alphanumeric which I believe is required for install programming.

Old 07-01-17, 07:57 PM
X
Thanks to the people who wrote this up, I bought a house with the concord 4 and ADT pulse system installed, and had no codes. It was set to quick arm, so when I was messing with it accidentally armed. Followed the directions in this thread and it worked for me. I got the master code by using the duress code, then used the 9+(installer code), the installer code for me was not 4321, it was 6321 ( I saw this was a possibility in another thread). After that I pressed 3 and # and was able to get to the codes menu and then got the master code from there. Reset everything and now good to go. Thanks to everyone who took the time to write this up, probably saved me 100's of dollars from having to call ADT and sign up for service.

Old 08-12-18, 09:27 AM
N
Many thanks to all for your posts. Bought my 15 year old house last year as third owner. It came with an ADT installed Concord Express. The second owners never had the Master Password for 10 years and never used the system. But I still needed the Master Password and no alarm service would help out. ADT refused to send someone out to reset it unless I bought a 2 year contract. Cheesy company. A local company said they wouldn't touch a system over 10 years old but would gladly, "upgrade the panel w/ 3 new keypads and reprogramming @ $1,200 (non-monitored cost)". And I really didn't want to risk losing the control panel programming by doing the "reset" routine.

This thread was great. For Installer Code it suggested using 9 + 6321. It worked. But the Master Password was still needed. I decided to try to break it using logical guesses. I tried using birth years of the original owners (you can find anything on the internet nowadays), their previous addresses and phone numbers. None worked. So figuring they may have had kids or just wanted to keep it simple I tried two more approaches. Patterns and simple numerical sequences. It worked. My Master Code was "1111". I got it on the 8th try. Just a suggestion. You may get lucky.

The Concord Express Control Panel System (60-806) had a SuperBus 2000 Fixed Display (60-820) that is a very basic Touchpad which doesn't allow system programming. After a year I finally located a used SuperBus 2000 2x20 Alphanumeric Touchpad (60-803) and 8-pin harness which allowed me to change the Master Password. I got it on ebay from jagsecurity1974 (
https://www.ebay.com/usr/jagsecurity1974). Please note, I bought a 60-803 Touchpad last year from a different seller and it did not come with the harness (49-430) so I bought two Touchpads from jagsecurity1974 just to get the harnesses. To my surprise the harnesses did not fit into my first Touchpad so be sure to buy Touchpads with the harness and mounting plate.

Old 10-09-18, 05:19 PM
K
Did you try the "back door" method from above with 9+IC+3+# ? I'm curious to know if it worked. The manual is clear that if you arm the system the IC will not disarm it. One needs a user code or master code. So far, I'm lucky that with all the key presses I've made that I didn't inadvertently arm the system. I know the IC, apparently 6321 is a very common code that ADT uses. Since ADT installed the system they likely know the master code but want a 2 year contract. I'm tempted to do that since I do want a monitored system. On the other hand, simply resetting the system to 4321 IC and 1234 MC is a pretty easy thing to do. Reprogramming isn't that big a deal.

Old 10-15-18, 10:22 AM
N
I had used the Installer Code (8 + 6321 + 3 + #) and I was able to get into a deeper set of menus without arming the system. But without knowing the Master Code I don't remember being able to make any changes other than time and date. The Installer Code was not powerful enough to allow me to change the Master Code. That's why I had to make guesses at what the original owners might have entered. Note worthy: My system allows me to assign additional user codes for family and friends, but unless I give them more than the default security level they can't do anything except arm and disarm. Hope this helps.

Old 10-23-18, 11:14 AM
K
Thank you for your post. After many phone calls to ADT, they did the original install for the former owner, I finally got them to agree to take over the system as is. Had the system needed repairs then they would not have been willing to do so. At least that is what they said. Since we wanted our home monitored then we agreed to the $25 installation and $28/month monitoring fee with a 2 year contract.

When I spoke to the installer he told me my model is the Concord Express. The code listed above is not valid for this model according to him. He uploaded the data on the eprom to the ADT site and that is how I learned all the codes that had been configured. After getting the Master Code it was a very simple thing to modify the user codes and re-code them all.

I may upgrade the board to the Concord 4 since it has many more features and can handle many more zones. But, for now, we will stay with this.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: