Wiring Connectors ???

Old 05-05-08, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring Connectors ???

Hi, New to this! And planing on wired system and wondering on the best way to make all the connections and splices from the different window and door switches? I would not want to go looking for a bad connection later!
Theres never enough time to do it right !
But theres always enough time to do it over?
Any Help is Greatfully Appreciated. Thank You!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-08, 05:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
What you want are called "B" connectors (http://www.elkproducts.com/accessories.htm)

They come in dry and gel-filled. If you are doing splices in an inaccessible space like a wall void, I recommend the gel-filled, but either will do the job just fine. You can also use telcom "scotch-lock" crimps (which are actually a superior device, but are bulkier)

Old 05-06-08, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks , Is there special crimping tools needed?? Do the wires need to be stripped ?? Which are better the Gell Filled?? or Unfilled?? Thank You!

Old 05-07-08, 05:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Any of the standard electrical crimping pliers you can get at the home center will work just fine.

The B connectors say that the inner teeth will pierce the wire insulation, but it's better to strip the jacket. Gel filled is only worth the money for dampish environments. I often use them here in FL, because the humidity and salt in the air, even as far inland as I am, will eventually start the copper wire and the brass crimp metal to corroding.