Vista 20P and 4204 relay question

Old 05-06-08, 01:55 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20P and 4204 relay question

I have installed a 4204 relay and configured it in field 79 where I addressed it to 12 and in field 80 configured it to pulse off - on every second. I had configured it to trigger on zone type 33 and also tried zone type 07. but no luck

I am trying to activate the relay #1 by any alarm: burgular, fire and CO. It simply doesn't work when I trip the alarm

I tried reconfiguring the relay to trip by Zone # and it did work but continued to pulse off and on even after I cleared the alarm. I am trying to activate the relay which in turn activates an air valve which powers a "very loud" air horn hooked up to an air line.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-06-08, 05:24 PM
R
Help

I just walked out to the garage and a motion sensor picked me up and tripped the relay and started the air horn cycling on and off. Only problems are firstly is the alarm wasn't armed at the time and when I tried to clear the alarm it still is cycling ona nd off. I killed the power to the air valve so the horn isn't sounding but the relay is still cycling as I can hear it clicking at 1 second intervals.

Old 05-06-08, 08:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Output programming is one area where Ademco's instructions could be clearer. You not only have to define the activation condition, you also have to define a de-activation condition.

I am assuming for this exercise that you are using relay #1 on the 4204 and set the output number in *79 as such.

Since in *79 you set output number 1 as being relay 1 on the 4204 in *80 you select output function 1
Activated by zone type
Select zone type 33 (any burg alarm)
Select output action 3 (pulse on and off)
select output number (from *79) 1
Press * at the summary screen to go back to the function select.

_Now_ you select output function 2 (this is the 2nd function)
activated by zone type
select zone type 22 (disarming)
select output action 0 (off)
select output number 1
press * at the summary screen.

If you didn't miss any steps, when the system goes into alarm (the normal siren actually sounds) your relay should start cycling. When you enter the disarm command, it should stop.

Old 05-07-08, 07:53 PM
R
Thank you Ron

As before you have come through and made it look easy

As well thanks for the comment about "if you didn't miss a step" because once I read your reply it all made sense. What I had missed was on the 2nd output function was to send it to the #1 relay. I was sending the 2nd action to #2 which of course was an unused relay.

When I reprogrammed with your instructions, I got a bit cocky and of course missed a step where when programming the 2nd function it copied the action of the first function which was to pulse on/off and I originally left it at that. So when I tested it it worked perfectly on alarm but didn't turn off when disarming because I had told it to pulse off/on on disarm as well.

When rereading your instructions the comment about "if you didn't miss a step" hit home and I reread more carefully changed the output action and it works great.

THanks for your help and your patience.

Old 05-08-08, 10:57 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
As I said, this is one area where Honeywell/Ademco really doesn't provide a lot of useful info. I just work with a lot of relay driven systems, so I can follow the logic.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: