DSC PC 1550 Alarm Reset Issue

Old 05-07-08, 06:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC 1550 Alarm Reset Issue

I have lived in my house for 5 years and just decided to sell. I have never used the alarm but it seemed to work. As you opened doors it would show that zone open and the door chimes as enter and exit. Recently it showed a trouble light and I looked it up as a battery issue. I wanted to get this fixed prior to selling. I replaced the battery and the issue stopped. I decided to try an eeprom reset and get the master code. All went well. I changed the code and added a standard user. After the reset all 4 zones now show open. Nothing was changed in wiring. It is a simple 4 door contact switch setup. Two windows and two doors. I started to program. I do not use the dial out feature so I skipped those sections. Went through all the other sections using the program guide. It was very smooth and all commands seemed to work. I exited several times and used the review feature and all programing is holding. I reset the other areas such as system clock, door chime, and misc timer delays. The keypad responds correctly and I can view bypassed ares and last triggered and such. I can display trouble status and no erros show up. Problem is all zones still show open. I cannot get back to a ready state to arm or disarm. All fuses look good. Any ideas?

Thank You,

Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-08, 01:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
When you defaulted the system, the requirement for zone resistors turned back on. Either install the 5.6k zone resistors on the loops, or turn the requirement for them back off (programming location 12, turn ON option 5)

Old 05-08-08, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thanks,
Worked great. I had one other issue with a motion detector beeping like a door but changed the zone type and all is good.

Thanks,
Brian