GE Concord 4 RF Antennas?

Old 05-08-08, 07:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Concord 4 RF Antennas?

I just built a custom house which was completed in December. My structured wiring contractor hooked me up with a security installer who wired and installed my GE Concord 4 system. I didn't buy monitoring through them because I wanted cellular or cellular backup and they didn't seem very knowledgeable about what I needed for it to work with the monitoring service they farmed it out to or even if it would work at all. I wound up buying the alarm.com gsm module, installing it myself and using them for monitoring.

Just some background... Anyway, my system is all hardwired but I would like to use the wireless keychain touchpads to arm and disarm the system so I can arm it with no delay. The installer didn't install the antennas but I have the antenna shrouds. I'm wondering how to hook those up... I see two white wires soldered to the top of the motherboard. The installer just wrapped those through the holes and around the top of the panel. Those wires are the antennas I presume? Do I just stuff those into the shrouds to get it working? I don't have any wireless devices to test it with at the moment in order to see if I could get it to work as is. I'm getting together another order for spytown.com and I'd like to know if I need anything additional to get it to work so I can add it to that order or if all I need to do is mount the shrouds and stuff those wires into them. Any advise would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-08, 11:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Yup, you just stuff the wires into the shrouds. It will actually work without the shrouds, but the plastic keeps the antennae wire from getting beat up.

Old 05-08-08, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
Yup, you just stuff the wires into the shrouds. It will actually work without the shrouds, but the plastic keeps the antennae wire from getting beat up.
I always wonder if I'm needlessly spamming a forum by doing a post that just says "thanks" to somebody who has responded to one of my questions but anyway, thanks for the information, I appreciate it