Concord 4 Panic Siren

Old 05-10-08, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 Panic Siren

Currently there is a 30 sec delay when you press any panic button before sirens and calls are made. Can i reprogram to an immediate response? How?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-08, 01:31 PM
True panic alarms, keypad, keyfob, panic buttons all sound and report immediately.

Old 05-11-08, 03:16 PM
Delayed Panic

Not this one, the pad goes off but no siren sounds for 30 secs. I am sure do to false alarm issues. A delayed panic does very little if someone has you at gunpoint. I want an immediate siren and call to monitor station. Can anyone help?

Old 05-11-08, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Soldier On View Post
Not this one, the pad goes off but no siren sounds for 30 secs. I am sure do to false alarm issues. A delayed panic does very little if someone has you at gunpoint. I want an immediate siren and call to monitor station. Can anyone help?
Reprogram the siren output for an immediate trip. Right now it is programmed as an exterior siren (hence the delay).

How are you tripping the panic? Is it a keyfob, a wireless panic device, or is it via a hardwire keypad? If it's via a wireless device, the wrong zone type may have been programmed.

Old 05-11-08, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by GEGUY View Post
Reprogram the siren output for an immediate trip. Right now it is programmed as an exterior siren (hence the delay).

How are you tripping the panic? Is it a keyfob, a wireless panic device, or is it via a hardwire keypad? If it's via a wireless device, the wrong zone type may have been programmed.
Using hardwire keypad.

Old 05-13-08, 11:01 AM
Are you saying the interior siren is an immediate trip? If I have to reprogram the OUt 1 how is that done?

Old 05-13-08, 11:10 AM
The panic and dial delay can be reprogrammed. However, most panic alarms are silent so as not to send the perpetrator into panic. Statistically speaking, a siren will do less to warn off a criminal who has you at gunpoint than it will to upset them. Most know that even though the siren has gone off they have time before anyone is notified and able to respond.

Old 05-13-08, 11:15 AM
How do i reprogram? If there is a delay, the gunman can also force you to turn off the alarm prior to calling the monitor station. Then what good is the alarm. Would prefer an immediate call. How do i reprogram? The pad goes off like crazy anyway. Only the sirens are silent. The call does not take place for at least 30 secs.

Old 05-13-08, 11:50 AM
Ideally you want to program a duress code. This will disarm the system normally giving no indication to the perpetrator that anyone has been notified, yet still send a signal to the central station indicating to them that you are under duress. They should then immediately notify the police. On the Concord 4, the duress code is located in section 0016 to 0066 (pg 52 of install manual).

Old 05-13-08, 02:48 PM
Are you saying the interior siren is an immediate trip? If I have to reprogram the OUt 1 how is that done?
Easiest thing to do is wire the siren to output 2. Defaults for an interior siren. Output one defaults for exterior siren.

You will also hear arming level beeps, status beeps, etc out of the siren if you move it to output 2...If you don't want this, leave the siren wired to output 1 and reprogram the output with the configuration number of 00410 (located in ONBOARD OPTIONS)...You'll only hear audible alarms.

Old 05-13-08, 02:53 PM
How do i reprogram? If there is a delay, the gunman can also force you to turn off the alarm prior to calling the monitor station. Then what good is the alarm. Would prefer an immediate call. How do i reprogram? The pad goes off like crazy anyway. Only the sirens are silent. The call does not take place for at least 30 secs.

you can set dialer delay down to 15 seconds (PHONE OPTIONS)

Last edited by GEGUY; 05-13-08 at 03:08 PM.