Adt Safewatch 6 plus

Old 05-19-08, 01:36 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Adt Safewatch 6 plus

I've been living in a rental property for the last year and a half. The house has a ADT Safewatch 6 + alarm system. It's working but it isn't armed. We don't know the code and the landlord that bought the property doesn't have the code either.

I just want to shut the whole thing down because it has started beeping lately and is driving me nuts.

Over the last 2 weeks it has started beeping at various times - 2 beeps silence for about 10 seconds then another 2 beeps. The "Trouble" button is lit up yellow. Every time it does this I press the "exit" button for about 3 seconds and it stops. But then it may start up again in about 10 minutes or 10 hours.

ADT won't help me out.

Again I just want to shut this thing down. Last night I got up 5 times to get it to stop beeping.

Anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
aj

Old 05-19-08, 04:00 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Hmmm, that model number isn't working. Could you mean that you have a 6 zone Safewatch Plus Entrepreneur?

http://www.securitynetworks.net/alar...h_plus_ent.pdf

Old 05-19-08, 04:10 PM
A
I'm not sure

It doesn't look like the one you sent in the link. Thanks though.
It has the numbers 1 to 8 that light up when you open specific doors in the house. It also has the words "Memory" "Bypass" "Fire" "Program" on the front of the system.

ADT Safewatch 6+

Old 05-19-08, 04:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Ah! Does it perhaps look like this example:

http://www.rolensecurity.com/rolen/itm00030.htm

Old 05-19-08, 04:39 PM
A
Yes

Yeah it resembles those.

Old 05-19-08, 05:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
This is most likely an ADT relabel of a DSC PC1555, then. I'd lay odds that it's trouble is either low battery, loss of phone line, or both.

You _probably_ can get into programming and set it as a local panel, but if you simply want to shut it down, find the system cabinet, unplug one of the battery wires, and then unplug the wall transformer (usually in an outlet near the system can).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: