Concord 4 displays all stars

Old 05-23-08, 02:00 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 displays all stars

I was in the process of learning some sensors into my Concord 4 and I got a Supervisory Error.

I couldn't get any response from the keypad so I power cycled the unit. Now the programming keypad displays all stars across both lines.

Am I hosed or what can I do to fix this?

Last edited by rsmout; 05-23-08 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-23-08, 08:48 PM
G
This either means you have a wiring problem with the keypad or a bus conflict...if it's not the wiring, you can try to manually assign the keypad a new bus address. Somehow, the keypad may have had it's address accidentally changed. Press and hold the "D" and "6" key together at the same time. The keypad will then display something like "DA 001" or similiar (the numbers representing the bus address for the keypad..from 000-015 for a total of 16). Press "#" and then enter 015# to change the address to 15 (I'm assuming you don't have 16 bus devices, so 15 should be available. Hit "*" to get out of this. Then enter 8+installer code+01 to scan the data bus. If you don't know the installer code, simply power the system down and power back up to scan the bus that way.

Old 05-24-08, 06:37 AM
R
Thanks GEGUY. I'm not sure what happened. I was actually programming the system - I'd been working for only about 15 minutes. I changed the keypad bus address and still had a problem. So I disconnected all the devices from the bus and used the installer cable and got the system error cleared. I'll reconnect the bus devices now and start over.

Is there a place to find these little tricks you know? It's not in the manual.

Thanks again!!

Old 05-24-08, 08:09 AM
G
I figured you were using the programming cable...Did you hit 8+installer code +02 to initilize the programming keypad? More importantly, did you NOT have the cable hooked up when you powered up?! If it's on there when you power up, it will learn into the system, hence the trouble when you unhook it.

The D and 6 trick is not in the manual...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: