adt frozen screen

Old 05-25-08, 09:19 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
adt frozen screen

The short story is that we lost a keyfob and I wanted to disable it. I called ADT and they said the can send someone out on Wednesday for $150+. I said okay but got ambitious (and impatient) and started looking at ways to do it myself.

I finally figured out the installer's code and was trying to diable the zones that was used for the remote access but ended up somewhere else. And now, the device isn't working at all. All it says is No AC and it beeps when I put codes in and the numbers show up on the display, even the installer's code.

Now I just want it back on again and have no idea what to do! Yikes!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I have Safewatch Pro 3000 = Vista-20P. And I've read the book and it doesn't offer any solutions for No AC and how to reset (that I could figure out).

Old 05-25-08, 09:29 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
If you don't have a programming keypad (6160 or equivalent) you cannot see the prompts for programming, and probably got stuck somewhere in the *56 programming area.

Just power the thing down (by now the programming mode has likely timed out) and restart the system.

If you were trying to alter the zone programming blind, there is no way to tell what you may have altered until have the correct keypad available.

Old 05-25-08, 09:33 PM
E
*sigh* That's what I was afraid of. How do I go about powering down and restarting the system? And will this affect my
ADT account?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
If you don't have a programming keypad (6160 or equivalent) you cannot see the prompts for programming, and probably got stuck somewhere in the *56 programming area.

Just power the thing down (by now the programming mode has likely timed out) and restart the system.

If you were trying to alter the zone programming blind, there is no way to tell what you may have altered until have the correct keypad available.

Old 05-25-08, 11:06 PM
E
Disabling Remote Keyfob

I've seen a lot of posts about enabling a remote keyfob. How do I go about disabling one? We lost a keyfob and I want to make sure that it isn't usable. and I don't want to pay $150+ that ADT is charging me.

I have Safewatch 3000 with 6150 keypad. I know which zones are being used for the keyfobs.

TIA!

Old 05-26-08, 06:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You unplug the battery, unplug the power pack, go kill a minute or so, the reconnect them in the opposite order. It will have no effect on your monitoring account beyond sending a "low battery" signal. Just call them and put the account on test while you work.

Old 05-26-08, 07:10 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
With the keypad you have, it's more difficult because you cannot see the prompts to input the right information. All you need to do, actually is enter a 0 at the prompt for inputting the transmitter serial number.

If you haven't already, you need to get the installer manual for a Vista 20p system (the SW3000 is a modified version of this) so that you can follow the steps.

(Websearch using the phrase "Vista 20p installer manual"

Go to program
[zone number]*
00*
*0*
At this point you _should_ be back to the zone number selection. I advise entering 00. If it jumps back to the regular programming display, then you didn't miss a step, if it doesn't then you did something wrong.

Again, trying to do this without the proper keypad is really tough, because if you do something wrong, you cannot see where you actually are.

Old 05-26-08, 08:16 AM
E
Before I do this, I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. I tried deleting all user codes and none of them disabled my keyfob which seemed to point towards his keyfob not being disabled.
Now, I'm planning on disabling the zone which would delete his disarm button on his keyfob (and mine).
Does this sound good?

Last edited by epzi76; 05-26-08 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-26-08, 01:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, in a nutshell. The keyfob is associated with the user number, normally if there is only one keyfob, it is linked to the master code. Deleting or changing the code does not break that association.

If you are truely worried by the missing keyfob, then your only choice is deleting the transmitter from the system.

Old 05-26-08, 01:49 PM
E
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post

If you are truely worried by the missing keyfob, then your only choice is deleting the transmitter from the system.
Would I be accomplishing this by disabling the zones associated with his keyfob?

Old 05-26-08, 02:54 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
What part of "yes" did you not understand?

You have to delete the transmitter serial number to remove the transmitter.

Old 05-26-08, 03:21 PM
E
Sorry, I just wanted to make sure that I was understanding your post correctly. The vocabulary that you were using wasn't familiar to me.

Thanks for all your help! Losing the keyfob wouldn't have been such a big deal if it wasn't in front of our house. Kind of defeats the purpose of having an alarm.

Old 05-26-08, 06:24 PM
I thought with the safewatch 3000 and the Vista 20P by changing the code associated with the fob you disable the fob. Changing the code should take the fob out of use.

Old 05-26-08, 06:33 PM
E
All I know is that I went through every single user code in each partition and deleted them. And my keyfob still worked. I did not touch the Master code or the installer code, but everything else was deleted using:

Master code + 8+ user id # 0
for user id 3 through 49

So at this point, I decided that disabling the zones that the keyfob is associated with will be the best step.

Originally Posted by kcxj View Post
I thought with the safewatch 3000 and the Vista 20P by changing the code associated with the fob you disable the fob. Changing the code should take the fob out of use.

Old 05-27-08, 04:38 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Nope, the keyfob is assigned to the _user number_. The actual _code_ associated with that user slot is irrelevant. Since the majority of the time, keyfobs are linked to the mastercode, and there is always a master code, the only way to get rid of it is to remove it via zone programming.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: