Power832 - Cannot Erase a code

Old 05-26-08, 04:27 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Power832 - Cannot Erase a code

Hey folks: sorry if this this is a FAQ - I searched the forum with no luck...

I have a Power832 & PC5508 and I want to clear (erase) an access code. I've walked through the entire process of clearing all code numbers (01-34 & 41-42) and I have also programed all of the code numbers to a different access code. But yet the access code I'm trying to get rid of still works...

I know the installer code and the master code. I have also successfully erased other access codes.

Any ideas would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-26-08, 04:40 PM
T
what user number are you trying to erase? not access code, but user number. have you tried to put a new code over the old one?

Old 05-26-08, 04:49 PM
T
Hi TallCanadian,

If I understand your question correctly I have tried to erase all of the user numbers (01-34), and also re-programed all of them as well. My manual refers to them as user code numbers. Same thing I presume?

This is the sequence I used to erase:

*5, master code,code number,*,#

This is the sequence I used to re-program:

*5, master code,code number,new access code,#

Thanks again for any insight.

Old 05-26-08, 05:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
I think that the question being asked is which specific user code (i.e. the user number) is giving you trouble. Often these systems are set to make things like the Master User code not changeable unless done via installer programming, as opposed to user programming.

Old 05-26-08, 06:45 PM
T
I do not have a specific user code number that is associated with this user access code I am trying to rid myself of (to my knowledge). And I believe I have reset each and every one of the user code numbers hoping it would erase the access code.

I am able to change my Master User code (which does not match the access code I am trying to erase) so I do not believe that _master_code_not_changeable is in effect.

I'm stumped, thus the reason for the post.

Thanks again.

Old 05-27-08, 04:43 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
In system programming, there is a slot for a "maintenance" code (location 008) that can only be changed via installer programming. Most installers don't put anything in it, but some do. That may be the source of your mystery code.

Old 05-27-08, 03:38 PM
T
Smile

Thanks MrRonFL - you once again have come through.

It did turn out to be the Maintenance Code, which is now reprogrammed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: