Night Vision Camera Reflection

Old 05-30-08, 02:19 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Night Vision Camera Reflection

I HAVE INSTALLED A NIGHT VISION IR SECURITY CAMERA. THE PICTURE IS CRYSTAL CLEAR DURING THE DAY. I HAVE INSTALLED IT INSIDE THE WINDOW AND THE CAMERA IS LOOKING THRU THE WINDOW GLASS THEREFORE DURING THE NIGHT i DO NOT SEE ANYTHING BUT REFLECTIONS FROM THE GLASS. ANY SUGGESTION HOW TO REMOVE THESE REFLECTIONS. IS THERE AN ANTI-REFLECTION FILM I CAN PUT ON THE GLASS IF SO WHERE TO BUY IT FROM? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL THE INPUTS.

Old 05-30-08, 02:37 PM
T
put something behind the camera to stop the reflections or install the camera outdoors.

Old 05-30-08, 05:43 PM
The IR's are reflecting off the glass. It needs to be outside, that's why you don't see many IR dome camers, the IR's reflect offf of the glass.

Old 05-31-08, 01:34 PM
A
When you say put something behind the camera what do you mean by that? If I put any anti reflection on the glass will it solve the problem?

Old 05-31-08, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 49 Posts
No, the light that illuminates what you are trying to view has to be on the opposite side of the glass or the whole camera needs to be in front of your window.

Sealing off the camera by putting something behind the camera will only help eliminate lights coming from within the room.
It will not help when the lights are attached to the camera.

Those infrared usb cameras are cheap.
You could buy another and place it outside with a small usb power supply to illuminate the area and then black out the IR lights on the camera that are inside.
Then put a cover of some kind behind the camera to prevent the room lights from reflecting off the window..

Old 06-03-08, 12:01 PM
A
How can I black out the IR lights on the camera?

Old 06-03-08, 12:40 PM
Electrical tape.

Old 06-03-08, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by abbasi View Post
How can I black out the IR lights on the camera?
if you black out the IR lights how are you going to see after dark ?

Old 06-03-08, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 49 Posts
If you want to impress your friends try using a tv or other infrared remote as an infrared flashlight.

Old 10-21-13, 11:03 AM
J
" I have installed cheap $8 stick on phone camera wide angle and fish eye lens over my D-Link DCS942L" by drwhoinlv..... are you talking about the one available for the iPhone? I have the same problem and the outdoor cameras are pretty expensive. The location is also in a salt water area and keeping the camera lens clean is a huge problem! Thanks!

Last edited by ray2047; 10-21-13 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Remove referral URL to previous post.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: