PC1555 rebuild

Old 06-16-08, 05:49 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PC1555 rebuild

Hello MrRon, this question is for you (or anyone else who might have an answer). I recently replaced my DSC685/PC1555 system with a used, but identical DSC685/PC1555 system. My problem was that I kept replacing the power adapter just to have it burn out after about 3 days of use. So, I replaced the entire system. When I hit *2, I get lights 1 and 4. 4 I understand because it most likely has phone numbers input from the previous owner which are now inaccessible by me. However when I press 1 to see the subcode, the number 1 stays lit indicating a low battery state. I purchased a battery replacement for ub1245 and the tech at the store put a volt meter on it and confirmed it was charged to 12.92 volts. Well above the 12.5v required to zero the error. However, after installing it, it still says I have a low battery. What's more is, I checked the battery that was installed (the battery that came with the purchased used replacement system) and it reads about 12.5v as well, meaning the ub1245 that came with the used replacement system I bought appears to be good. That being said, that battery (i.e. the used ub1245) had been in the system for about 3 days and still reported a low battery error and is what prompted me to buy the new battery. I did a system test (i.e. *6 MC 4) hoping that would maybe do some kind of reset but, alas, it did not. Can you see where I might have erred? I appreciate your help, and sorry for the long post.

-S

Old 06-17-08, 07:12 AM
Hi

I have a 1550 system I'm hoping to replace with a new 1832 I got on ebay , but ,

I thought that I read somewere on here that it takes the system a few days , weeks ? to figure out that it has a new battery on it.

My system battery died after 12 years and I replaced it about 8 months after the warning light came on. The new battery didn't register till a few weeks later and then the warning reluctantly went off.

hope that helps

Old 06-17-08, 07:23 AM
S
Well that is good to know, but I would expect that there must be a way to let the system know that there is a new battery. My concern is that the old (dead) battery might have been contributing to failed transformers by causing them to try and constantly charge a dead battery. I don't want that to happen again.

Old 06-17-08, 07:35 AM
The dead battery may blow the transformer , and also the built in voltage charging circuit for the battery as I found out latter.

ie 16v 40 va (ac I think ) to power the alarm and the battery is 12 vold dc - so --2 circuits both which don't like dead batterys

I think that 5 years is the recomended battery life span

Old 06-17-08, 09:20 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
One trick to make a DSC recognize a new battery immediately is to completely power the system down, connect the battery _first_ then reconnect AC power. You will have to reset the clock, but once the clock is reset, the trouble buffer will be clear.

Old 06-17-08, 11:51 AM
S
Ron you are the man. That cleared the error. My panel is now error free. Thank you!

Old 06-17-08, 07:34 PM
how do you reset the clock ?

Old 06-18-08, 04:43 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: