Caddx NX-1300, do not have code need to disarm...

Old 06-29-08, 08:09 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Caddx NX-1300, do not have code need to disarm...

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and a total newbie to alarm systems. I just purchased a home that was recently monitored by triangle services inc. The Keypad is a Caddx nx-1300 and when I open the keypad there is 24 programable functions.

The alarm was disarmed and the chime was working on the unit. Long story short I accidently pressed the stay button and armed the system and then the alarm sounded when my wife opened the door. I do not have a code so was not able to disarm it so I have to pull the electricity and batter to shut-down the whole system.

When I go to turn on the system the keypad beeps and the alarm light is flashing, the service light is on, the power is on and cant remember the light above the power is on as well, the stay button is on, the chime button is on, and the bypass button is on.

My question is how do I disarm the system without having the user code? The previous owner was relocated to another state and never gave the code to the relocation company. I would like to reset the unit and use it as a stand alone system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-08, 08:51 AM
E
enz
It is not possible to disarm the system without the code. Since it was disconected after you triggered it, I assume it was not being monitored. In that case you can try contacting the previous monitoring company and ask them to shut it down remotely. You will have to use your charm here as they usually refuse unless you sign up with them. I had to go as far as telling them to send me the contact to sign a five year deal, but i need them to shut if off now as the siren was wailing. Even called them with the siren going off.

Your next option is to try resetting the system and hope it is not locked. If you search around here you should find instructions on how to reset your particular model. If it is locked, then you will end up with a useless alarm board. You can shop around for an unlocked board and replace the existing one. This way you can decide if you want a monitored or non-monitored system.

Old 06-29-08, 10:00 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
The only way to get into a NX-panel withouth the code once it is armed and in alarm is via the download software and the direct connect module.

The only way to avoid replacing the motherboard is to find a local dealer that has the equipment. There is no other path of hardware bypass.

Old 06-29-08, 03:26 PM
D
Originally Posted by enz View Post
It is not possible to disarm the system without the code. Since it was disconected after you triggered it, I assume it was not being monitored. In that case you can try contacting the previous monitoring company and ask them to shut it down remotely. You will have to use your charm here as they usually refuse unless you sign up with them. I had to go as far as telling them to send me the contact to sign a five year deal, but i need them to shut if off now as the siren was wailing. Even called them with the siren going off.

Your next option is to try resetting the system and hope it is not locked. If you search around here you should find instructions on how to reset your particular model. If it is locked, then you will end up with a useless alarm board. You can shop around for an unlocked board and replace the existing one. This way you can decide if you want a monitored or non-monitored system.
enz,
No the system was not monitored, I will try to call the previous monitoring company and see what I can do. Thanks

Old 06-29-08, 03:30 PM
D
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
The only way to get into a NX-panel withouth the code once it is armed and in alarm is via the download software and the direct connect module.

The only way to avoid replacing the motherboard is to find a local dealer that has the equipment. There is no other path of hardware bypass.
Looks like I got my self in a big mess