Please Help DSC 832/1555 can't reset

Old 07-07-08, 08:50 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Please Help DSC 832/1555 can't reset

I have been totally frustrated with this issue the system light will not reset stays at yellow, I can arm the system but it will go off blaring the alarm in the middle of the night. have tried everything from replacing the batteries in all attached smoke detectors and sensors to pulling out my hair . does anyone know what I can do please. This system came with my home installed by Ranger American.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-08, 12:04 PM
T
what keypad do you have? i think when you say system light, you mean trouble light is yellow? press *2 and see what number lights up. if 1 comes on press 1 and see what number comes up.

Old 07-08-08, 12:33 PM
H
Did what u said, still at yellow, I think i have RA409 panel it was installed in 2003 Pressed*2 number 1 came up pressed 1 and nothing else happened went back to yellow. Any other sugesstions?

Old 07-08-08, 06:41 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 45 Posts
You probably have a low/dead backup battery (the one in the metal cabinet with the main circuit board). One symptom of weak batteries on DSC panels is false trips on powered devices like motion detectors.

Which system do you actually have? Power 832 is PC5010.

PC1555 is Power 632. The correct number will be on the label of the chip in the center of the main PC board.

Old 07-09-08, 06:10 PM
H
Thanks where can I pick up these batteries does Lowes or Home Depot have them

Old 07-09-08, 06:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 45 Posts
The better stocked home centers will (these are the same batteries used in emergency flood lights). Otherwise, check your local security and fire alarm dealers, and battery distributors like Interstate and Delco. Most of these will happily sell you one over the counter. They run 22-25 dollars on average (maybe a bit more, the price of lead is up...)

You want 12v 5 to 7 amp-hour batteries.