Trouble with DSC PC1555 when used with 7845GM

Old 07-23-08, 11:18 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trouble with DSC PC1555 when used with 7845GM

I have an old Ranger American DSC PC1555 that I am using with a brand new digital cellular 'backup' device. Its the Honeywell/Ademco 7845GSM. I put backup in quotes because this is my only communication medium for the alarm system.

My issue is that when a burglar alarm sounds, no call is made to the monitoring station. I know the 7845GSM is working properly because I see that it has a strong signal and if I take its case off, it sends a tamper alarm to the monitoring station (which they do receive every time). It seems to me that my very expensive local office has not connected the PC1555 to the 7845GSM properly, so when the PC1555 wants to tell the 7845GSM to call the monitoring station, something doesn't work right.

Does anyone know the proper wiring to get these two devices to talk to each other? Are there any diagnostics I might need to run on the 1555? If so, what are they and how do I run them (from the keypad hopefully).

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-08, 01:41 PM
When the 7845GSM is connected to a non-honeywell product, it must be connected in zone mode. Typically, an installer would wire the GSM's zone 1 to the bell circuit. This is not a very good solution for the primary path of communication, because the GSM will only send a generic BURG alarm or FIRE alarm based on the tone of the siren. I would highly recommend using either a Skyroute from DSC or a Telguard. I know with the telguard, it captures the alarm signal and forwards the signal in it's entirety. For example: Front door alarm, followed by Motion alarm, etc. Additionaly, the Telguard will send duress alarms, which the 7845GSM cannot, unless it is connected in ECP mode with a Honeywell panel.

Old 07-24-08, 06:21 AM
L
Thanks for the response. Given that I already own these two products, I would like to try to make it work. I am fine with a generic BURG signal, as opposed to a 'zone 2, master bedroom' signal or something like that. If the alarm goes off, I just want them to call me and then the police.

My problem is right now, when the siren sounds, I do not get a call and the monitoring center tells me they didn't receive anything from my end. I do have the 7845GSM wired into the Bell ciruit on the board. One wire goes to Bell+ and the other to Bell-. Can you tell me which wire (based on the number on the 7845GSM connection) should go to Bell+ and which to Bell-? Also, should the 7845GSM have ANY other connectivity to the board?

Old 07-24-08, 07:34 AM
There shouldn't be any other connections needed. Make sure you are letting the alarm sound long enough for the alarm to transmit...give it about a minute or so.

Old 07-25-08, 05:11 AM
L
Yes, I let it sound until it stops, 2-3 minutes. Monitoring company never gets anything. Do you know which wires (by the number on the 7845GSM board) need to be connected to Bell+ and Bell-?

Old 07-25-08, 09:19 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
It's the ones marked Ground and zone input z1/z2 (4 and 5 by number). The transmitter has to be programmed for zone mode. I am assuming that you have properly activated the radio via the alarmnet system.

Old 01-31-09, 11:55 AM
P
Originally Posted by kcxj View Post
When the 7845GSM is connected to a non-honeywell product, it must be connected in zone mode. Typically, an installer would wire the GSM's zone 1 to the bell circuit. This is not a very good solution for the primary path of communication, because the GSM will only send a generic BURG alarm or FIRE alarm based on the tone of the siren. I would highly recommend using either a Skyroute from DSC or a Telguard. I know with the telguard, it captures the alarm signal and forwards the signal in it's entirety. For example: Front door alarm, followed by Motion alarm, etc. Additionaly, the Telguard will send duress alarms, which the 7845GSM cannot, unless it is connected in ECP mode with a Honeywell panel.
In zone mode, how can the other zones of the 7845GSM be utilized? I have a DSC PC1616 which can generate seperate programmable outputs for burg, fire and panic. Could those be utilized, perhaps via relays?

Old 01-31-09, 05:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Sure, you can use relay trips to trip the other zone inputs. You just have to tell your monitoring center what each zone trip means.