Need help with complex ranch security system

Old 07-29-08, 09:12 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help with complex ranch security system

I plan on installing 12-15 cameras, most on the outside. 4-6 of them need to be TPZ with good viewing up to a 1000' or so. Some need to be flexible for day or night. Also I would like to mount a couple in remote areas (solar powered if necessary) as far as 1/2 mile away so wireless would be necessary for those. Everything else will be hard wired. I plan on having a dedicated computer, which I can build, with large video storage capacity running off of my solar panel system with hookups to my TV's and remote internet access. The home barns and shop will have security as well. We have a 70' tower and 2 unused power poles near the house and out buildings for mounting cameras as well.
My main question is I want better quality equipment but not overpriced stuff that I have looked at online. It gets pretty confusing when looking online because of all that is available. If any of you could get me pointed in the right direction I would appreciate it. My budget for the equipment is between $8,000 and $12,000 and I am able to install everything myself. What is a good camera manufacturer that fits into this budget. Likewise with computer hardware and software. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 07-30-08, 08:36 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
With your budget, I would get a dedicated networkable 16 channel DVR. I don't think your budget will allow for many PTZ cameras $$$$$. Wireless is not recommended for cameras due to lack of reliability, interference from WAP's, and cordless phones and the lack of encryption. Good luck.

Old 07-30-08, 11:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Here, try this site.
http://www.supercircuits.com/

Even if you choose to shop elsewhere, they have a lot of good layman level info, and can give you a good idea of what's available, and the general price range.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: