Wiring 4 wire smoke in Concord 4

Old 07-30-08, 09:41 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wiring 4 wire smoke in Concord 4

Hello,

I just bought a Concord 4 and have it all configured except for the 4 wire smoke detector 449CT. It seems to operate OK on zone 7 but the manual says there is a way to wire it to zone 8 that allows the detector to reset after canceling an alarm.

The manual says to learn zone 8 in as sensor group 26 and turn the two-wire smoke option on. I did both those things. The diagram in the manual shows the zone 8 wire going to power and zone 7 to the COM input, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I did that too. Set up this way the unit does not work correctly--I get a "trouble" readout on the keypad when I trigger the alarm.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how this is supposed to work? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 07-31-08, 03:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Did you install the end of line resistor on the last smoke on the loop?

Yes, the connections are a little confusing: the Concord panels handle smokes a little oddly.

Zone 7 doesn't go to COM, it goes to NO (normally open)

You also connect ground to - Power on the smoke _and_ the Com terminal on the smokes alarm relay.

Old 08-01-08, 09:33 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response. I do have an end of line resistor on the last smoke (there's only one). And I actually do have the thing wired as you describe--I just typed it wrong in my question. Zone 7 goes to NO, zone 8 to + and the other two (com and -) go to ground. I just checked all wiring and it all looks OK but I still get a fire alarm and then the keypad says zone 8 is open. The alarm itself just continues to blink normally.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: