Vista-15

Old 08-02-08, 01:18 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista-15

Hello! My name is Rick.This is my first post(anywhere)Iam 53 yrs. old and just this past year have learned to use a computer.Knowing that may help you to indulge my ignorance....I had this system installed in my shop a few years back,used it often with no problems.It sat unused for a year(closed my shop) so decided to install in my house.Was careful to make myself a good wiring diag.ect. After power up my keypad(fixed) did not look right to me.All led's were dim and on at the same time,erratic lettering on screen ect.I decided my keypad was bad so ordered 6160V.and after some trial and error,here is my question(finally).this system never had any resistors anywhere.After some research,I installed 2000k across terminal#8-9 10-11ect, to #17.Iam able to arm and disarm in this config.As soon as I try to hardwire a motion I get a fault message.Iam a little confused about zone#1 being a smoke detector,however the installer used it for zone#1.I have 2 hardwire motions & 2 wireless.If you could help me through the next steps I will appreciate it Thanks

Old 08-02-08, 09:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
I am assuming that you have a Vista 15p.

A lot depends on whether you defaulted the programming, and what the other installation was set up to do. You need to get familier with the install manuals.

The zones on the wiring diagram in the manual are simply the default configuration. All of the zones can be re-programmed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: