DSC PC1550/1500 Default Questions

Old 08-27-08, 08:04 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1550/1500 Default Questions

Hi,

Much like the other posters, I have a DSC 1550 rev4 control panel without the master code. I also do not know the installer code. I've powered on the system and it does not appear that it is installer locked out, which is good.

I tried setting a new installer code with the information from the FAQ, but that did not work. It seems I'm left to default the alarm.

I have the installer manual, and do not think I will have issues programming the device. When reading through the install guide, there are several options that appear specific for a monitored alarm.

My question is this: When defaulting the alarm, what is the bare minimum to program to get the alarm functional again, ie. six zones, system time, master code, change install code, etc. etc.

Is there a recommended set of settings that need to be programmed in an unmonitored scenario. My suspicion is, if I ever were to get a monitored service, they would re-program all of the other necessary information for their monitoring service.

I appreciate the time and assistance.

M

Old 08-27-08, 10:58 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
The only thing you didn't mention was turning off the dialer and phone line monitor functions (these default to ON), otherwise, I think you have the basics. There's only 30 or so programming locations, and you actually need to work with only about 6-10 of them to get the system functional.

Old 08-29-08, 09:50 AM
M
Thanks much.. The alarm is operational again. It needs a new battery, but that's to be expected as it has been powered down for over 4 years.

This forum is an amazing source of info. I really appreciate the help!

M

Old 09-08-08, 08:17 PM
A
Hello Maedros, Would you please send me the steps for installing the pC1550, I spent some time reading through the manual, but could not figure out. I was able to reset everything to factory settings but having hard time figuring out all the needed options without the monitoring. please help..

Thank you
Adi

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: