Ademco 4140XMPT2 Help needed!

Old 08-31-08, 03:41 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ademco 4140XMPT2 Help needed!

My parents had a nearby lightening strike that took out their keypad. Dad bought a Honeywell 6150 Keypad, and cannot get it to program the alarm. I did figure out how to set the keypad address...currently set to 00. However, all it displays is AC (I know it's getting pwr), ready light, and whenever a zone is tripped FC shows up on the display. I've already tried the pwr down, and "*" + "#" instructions but it doesnt show anything on the display. I've also tried entering the 4140+8+0 and cannot get any response from panel. Seems like the only thing the panel responds to is 1 + 3, which shows the KP address. Any ideas, or suggestions?

Old 09-01-08, 02:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Try address 01, and check your wiring. If you reversed the data (green and yellow) the keypad itself will light up, but will get no useful data.

According to Honeywell/Ademco info, this system expects to see an alpha keypad on address 00.

Old 09-04-08, 11:45 AM
S
Thanks Mr Ron

I'll try your suggestion, and attempt programming on Address 1
The keypad instruction/alarm instructions are pretty vague.

Thanks again

Old 09-10-08, 10:24 AM
S
I tried changing the keypad address to 01, when I did so I got no response whatsover from the keypad. I changed it back to 00 and now get ready/not ready displays and the letters AC in the corner. Appears I'm back to square 1, only the "1" + "3" seem to do anything. Any other ideas on how to get the master/installer code and how to change them?

BTW: the yellow and green wires are not reversed !

Old 09-10-08, 03:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The 6150 is _not_ an alpha keypad, according to the installation instructions, this system can not access programing unless you use a 6160 keypad or the equivalent (the original would have been 5137AD).

Step 1: Websearch using the phrase "Ademco 4140xmpt installer manual" That way you will have actual instructions so that you aren't trying to work blind.

Step 2: Use the power up with * + # procedure to jump the panel into programming mode.

Step 3: enter #00 to have the panel read back the installer code.

Step 4: Exit programming with *99

Use the installer code to set the master code using the instructions in the manual section on system operation.

(By the way the keystokes to enter programming for this panel is [installer code] + 8 + 00)

FC means "failure to communicate". Is this system monitored? If not, you need to turn off the dialer by deleting the monitoring phone numbers.

Old 09-12-08, 01:47 PM
S
Ok I think I got it now
The alarm will not work with a 6150 as far as programming is concerned, correct? If it was already programmed the 6150 would be fine? Since we cannot access the programming mode, I cannot disable the dialer either. It is not monitored, I think I read somewhere to enter *43* to disable dialer.

I appreciate the help,

Steve

Old 09-18-08, 01:02 PM
S
**UPDATE**

Still cannot program alarm with 6150 Honeywell Keypad.
However, received new info from dad. He said that the lightening strike did not take out the original panel as previously believed. When orig. keypad was replaced with Honeywell 6150 the same symptoms were present. Apparently, it erased the programming, and could not be armed/disarmed with orig or replacement panels.

Old 09-18-08, 05:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
For the last repeat: You _CANNOT_ access programming with a fixed english keypad. Period.

If the original keypad was a 5137AD, then if it is still working, you should be able to access programming with it. If it was a fixed english model, then you are simply stuck.

This is an obsolete system, you may have to bite the bullet and replace it. It may be more damaged than you realize. Remember, the keypad is not the alarm, it is just an interface, it's condition reflects the condition of the system as a whole.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: