Reset ADT Concord Express and need to reprogram sensors

Old 09-12-08, 06:59 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reset ADT Concord Express and need to reprogram sensors

Hello Everyone,

As I have seen in many posts, I recently moved into a new house that had an ADT installed Concord Express system. None of the standard installer codes worked that were listed on this site so I went ahead and performed the MEM CLR on the system. This did in fact reset my installer code back to 1234 (or 4321, can't remember without being at the pad) but it also removed all the programming in my system and now does not see any sensors. While this usually would not be an issue I cannot seem to get into the programming mode of my system to add the sensors back.

When I go into the programming mode (8+CODE+00) I get a beep and sent back to the main status screen. I am assuming that this is due to the fact that I do not have the 60-746-01 superbus pad from GE, but I want to ensure that this is correct before I go and spend ~100 bucks on the pad.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything else to try before I need to drop the cash on the superbus? Is there a better path to go down if I need to spend 100 bucks to get this circa 2000 system back up and operational? Is there an easy to follow guide to get the different types of sensors setup? And finally, if the 60-746-01 superbus pad is not the exact pad I need to complete this setup, can you please point me to the proper item on the web to purchase and get taken off with this setup.

Thank you for any help you can provide me and I have searched through the forum as best I can to try and handle this without a new posting. If I missed something give me a good slap on the wrist.

Old 09-12-08, 06:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
Yes, without the programming keypad, on a concord express you are basically stuck.

Once you have the keypad, it's not that tough. Concord series panels use a tiered menu system for programming that is more DIY friendly than most. Just give the manual a good read through, especially the section that tells you how the programming interface works.

Old 09-12-08, 09:21 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by namac View Post
Hello Everyone,

As I have seen in many posts, I recently moved into a new house that had an ADT installed Concord Express system. None of the standard installer codes worked that were listed on this site so I went ahead and performed the MEM CLR on the system. This did in fact reset my installer code back to 1234 (or 4321, can't remember without being at the pad) but it also removed all the programming in my system and now does not see any sensors. While this usually would not be an issue I cannot seem to get into the programming mode of my system to add the sensors back.

When I go into the programming mode (8+CODE+00) I get a beep and sent back to the main status screen. I am assuming that this is due to the fact that I do not have the 60-746-01 superbus pad from GE, but I want to ensure that this is correct before I go and spend ~100 bucks on the pad.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything else to try before I need to drop the cash on the superbus? Is there a better path to go down if I need to spend 100 bucks to get this circa 2000 system back up and operational? Is there an easy to follow guide to get the different types of sensors setup? And finally, if the 60-746-01 superbus pad is not the exact pad I need to complete this setup, can you please point me to the proper item on the web to purchase and get taken off with this setup.

Thank you for any help you can provide me and I have searched through the forum as best I can to try and handle this without a new posting. If I missed something give me a good slap on the wrist.
To make sure you know what the installer code is, hit 9+4321. If it brings you to TIME AND DATE, you'll at least know that you have the installer code...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: