DSC 1565 - Disable phone line permanently

Old 09-17-08, 02:11 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question DSC 1565 - Disable phone line permanently

I have a DSC 1565 LCD panel alarm system.

I want to cancel my phone-subscription and therefor use the alarm system as a stand-alone system without dial-up.

However... when I disconnect the phone-line... the panel starts to beep because there is no line.

How do I program the alarm so that it does not complain about no line so I can use it as a stand-alone system?

Greetings from
Peter

Old 09-17-08, 11:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 120 Votes on 111 Posts
By the model number you quote, I am going to guess that you are outside of the US. (For the most part, anything posted about the DSC PC 1555 also applies to this panel)

Question #1: Do you have the _installer/engineer_ code? Without it, the only way to get into the system programming is to hardware default this system, which wipes _everything_ and you hae to reset all of the system zones, and settings from the factory default.

Question #2: Do you have a copy of the installer manual?

Question #3: Have you checked this system for installer lockout? (see the FAQ for this forum)

Once you have access to system programming, turning off the dialer is pretty simple

Old 09-18-08, 12:48 AM
T
Thanks for a quick reply.

1. I have the "master" code. I hope that's the same as the installer-code.

2. I have the user-guide, but not the Installer-guide.

3. I do not think it is "installer locked-out"

Tnx!

Old 09-18-08, 05:47 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Master code is the master _user_ code. It will not access system programming.

Try entering *8 5555. If the panel goes into programming, then you are in luck and it's still set to the factory default (press # a couple of times to exit program mode). If not, then your only choice is a lucky guess at the installer code, or a hardware default.

If you go the default route, you need to sort out your current zone configuration _first_ because you will need to recreate all of those settings.

Read the archived posts in this forum regarding PC 1555, PC5010 and other DSC Power series systems, as they use a common programming model.

Old 09-18-08, 05:54 AM
T
Ok, I will try this when I get home.

If this plan fails... is there any way to just make it shut up permanently and turn off the flashing light on the panel that comes on when I disconnect the phoneline?

I know I can press *2# or something like that to make it stop beeping, but I would like to turn off the blinking light also...

-Peter

Old 09-18-08, 06:14 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
_That_ is easy. Just unplug the wall plug power supply, or take one of the wires off of the first terminal on the mother board and disconnect the battery.

Old 09-19-08, 12:08 AM
T
I dont want it to shut down permanently, I just want it to function as a local alarm-setup without dialing.
Can I disconnect only the phoneline and make the panel stop alerting about the missing phone-line?

Thanks for your help in advance

Old 09-19-08, 04:29 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, you can disable the dialer, but you must be able to access the system programming. Lacking the installer code, the only way to do this is to use the hardware default (which has been described in this forum at least once a week).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: