Where to buy GE Concord series 4

Old 09-25-08, 06:58 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where to buy GE Concord series 4

Where can I buy a GE concord series 4 for a reasonable price? I found that for my needs (20 door/window contacts and 7 glass break detectors, 2 keyfobs) the price from home technology store or safemart was around $1800. An ADT authorized dealer quoted me $1500 but I have to sign up for 3 years of ADT monitoring. I can find a GE Simon XT system for $1300 from Frontpoint Security but I don't like the idea of the brain unit and the sounder in one because the burglar just needs to follow the sound to destroy the unit (all in one). I like the GE concord because the master controller is separate from the keypad and the siren. I would appreciate feedback from people on this forum to see if my assessment (about preferring the GE concord to the GE Simon XT) is correct. Thank you very much. Tuxi.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-08, 09:21 PM
G
You can silence the panel siren in the Xt and wire a siren to it...or go with the Concord...either way your running wires for a siren. You'll have to run wires for a keypad on the Concord. You could use RF keypads for both units, but on concord at least one needs to be hardwire.

Old 09-26-08, 06:44 AM
N
Silencing siren on GE XT?

GEGuy, thank you for your help in answering my questions. But are you sure I can silence the siren on the GE Simon 3 or the GE XT panel? Don't want to doubt your word, but all the alarm cos reps told me that you can't do this on these models, and that is why they recommend I go to the GE Concord 4. Is there any truth to their opinion? (I take their advice with a grain of salt) Thanks for any help you can give.

Old 09-26-08, 02:01 PM
F
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by NewtoAlarm View Post
I can find a GE Simon XT system for $1300 from Frontpoint Security but I don't like the idea of the brain unit and the sounder in one because the burglar just needs to follow the sound to destroy the unit (all in one).
NewToAlarm: I'm with FrontPoint Security & wanted to make a quick comment on your post. It is actually very possible to disable the audible siren so that a burglar would not be drawn to the control panel (as is your concern). As GEGuy points out, you can also add in (if you like) a wired siren. I included the Simon XT instructions below since I know you had some questions as to whether or not it's actually possible (and it very much is).

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that FrontPoint's Interactive Monitoring plan, which as you know is powered by Alarm.com, includes a feature called Pending Alarms.

Here's how it works:
Suppose that a burglar breaks in and triggers an alarm. The audible siren will sound. Within seconds (because of the cellular link in all of our control panels, which doesn't require any phone line, dial up delay, etc) your system would transmit a "pending alarm" signal. If the alarm is not subsequently disarmed, we would actually convert that pending alarm signal into an actual alarm signal -- and act accordingly (including dispatching the police, as necessary). Alarm.com has a patent on the technology & it's one of the unique features that we're proud to include in Interactive Monitoring. This feature significantly reduces the risk that you're describing - of a burglar disabling or destroying the system before an alarm is sent (which is often referred to a "Smash & Grab").
Best of luck in your search for a home security system!

-FrontPoint

Here's how do silence the siren on a Simon XT:

1. Press the down arrow until you get to System Programming. Press Enter.
2. Enter the Dealer Code or Installer Code. Press Enter.
3. Press the down arrow until you get to Siren Options. Press Enter.
4. Press the down arrow until you get to Panel piezo alarm. Press Enter.
5. Press the down arrow to change the option to "Off." Press Enter.
6. Press Status repeatedly to back out through these menus.

Old 09-26-08, 05:05 PM
N
to Frontpoint

Originally Posted by FrontPoint View Post
Here's how do silence the siren on a Simon XT:

1. Press the down arrow until you get to System Programming. Press Enter.
2. Enter the Dealer Code or Installer Code. Press Enter.
3. Press the down arrow until you get to Siren Options. Press Enter.
4. Press the down arrow until you get to Panel piezo alarm. Press Enter.
5. Press the down arrow to change the option to "Off." Press Enter.
6. Press Status repeatedly to back out through these menus.
If I buy the system from Frontpoint, will you provide me with the dealer and installer codes so I can add this siren myself? even though you will be able to help me add the siren by programming the system remotely. Just want to ensure that I retain control of the system even though I sign up for monitoring services through you. What is your general policy about installer and dealer codes? Thanks!

Old 09-26-08, 08:09 PM
F
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by NewtoAlarm View Post
If I buy the system from Frontpoint, will you provide me with the dealer and installer codes so I can add this siren myself? even though you will be able to help me add the siren by programming the system remotely. Just want to ensure that I retain control of the system even though I sign up for monitoring services through you. What is your general policy about installer and dealer codes? Thanks!
Yes, we will - and that's a great question. We provide that code upon request once you've activated your service. We always encourage you to discuss any changes to your control panel settings (even seemingly minor ones) with our customer service team so that we can advise you of any potential impact of the changes you are making. We don't want you to inadvertantly make any change that would impact the expected behavior of your system or otherwise impact our ability to provide you with the quality & reliable monitoring. But - that said - you're more than welcome to the dealer/installer code upon request. Since you own the equipment on day 1, we're happy to provide the code - and happy to help you with configuring your system so that it best meets your needs!

-FrontPoint

(Please note that FrontPoint Security is a nationwide authorized dealer for GE Security and Alarm.com. This posting was made by an employee of FrontPoint Security.)