how to ensure Installer code was not locked out

Old 09-26-08, 06:41 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
how to ensure Installer code was not locked out

An ADT authorized dealer gave me a very attractive deal (with installation) on a GE Concord 4, and said he would not have installer code lock out on the system. How do I check this? Because the deal requires me to sign up for 3 year monitoring with ADT, I want to be able to use another monitoring company after 3 years and I want to make sure that I will not have to junk the system and replace it if the installer code was locked out. Thanks!

Old 09-26-08, 02:23 PM
G
Originally Posted by NewtoAlarm
An ADT authorized dealer gave me a very attractive deal (with installation) on a GE Concord 4, and said he would not have installer code lock out on the system. How do I check this? Because the deal requires me to sign up for 3 year monitoring with ADT, I want to be able to use another monitoring company after 3 years and I want to make sure that I will not have to junk the system and replace it if the installer code was locked out. Thanks!
You have 2 codes to worry about Installer code and Dealer Code. Both with varying degrees of "lock out" features.

Old 09-26-08, 04:44 PM
If this is an ADT dealer, then they will use 6321 so that ADT can service it. If you are concerned, after they install, check to see if you can get into programming...if you can't you have a 3 day right to cancel.

Old 09-26-08, 05:01 PM
N
installer and dealer codes

Thank you to all who replied. I really appreciate your help. So I need to ensure that they give me both codes? Does this apply to both the Simon XT and the Concord 4?

Old 09-26-08, 07:50 PM
G
Originally Posted by NewtoAlarm
Thank you to all who replied. I really appreciate your help. So I need to ensure that they give me both codes? Does this apply to both the Simon XT and the Concord 4?
Yes.........................................................

Old 09-27-08, 07:39 PM
Don't ask for the code, because they will not give it to you. Wait until after it is installed and try to access programming with 6321. If you can't get in, then you have 3 days to cancel. ALthough I am 99.9% certain they will use 6321

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: