DSC Power 832 / PC5010 calling issues

Old 10-02-08, 08:02 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC Power 832 / PC5010 calling issues

Hello!

I have this system installed in our warehouse, although it hasn't been used for several years. I've been given the responsibility of getting this system up & running for local protection only without the monitoring service.

I have the installers manual & have gotten almost everything where we need it. I reprogrammed the communicator to call my cell during testing. It does call my cell, but it never stops. My guess is it's looking for a kiss off signal from the monitoring station. I guess I'd like to know if there's a way I can prevent this system from attempting to "check in" with the central station, but still allow the communicator to function as a dialer. (I do get a trouble light, "failed to communicate")

I've spent a few days reading these forums in attempt to refrain from asking a question that has probably been asked before, but I haven't found what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any input!

Old 10-02-08, 03:52 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
You have to use "pager" format. All of the others expect a response back from the central station receiver, and will keep trying to dial out.

Old 10-03-08, 06:55 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
My installer's manual is rather vague. There's a section that decribes the pager format & mentions the programming is in section [360], but it doesn't go into any further detail. I searched these forums & here's what I came up with:

*8 (installer's code)
[301] (telephone number) *6*#
[360] 05 02
[380] #1 "on"

In this mode, I no longer get random calls. However, when I trip the alarm it continues to call over & over. I have [160] set to 002 (2 calls max), but that command is ignored & the system constantly dials out. Originally section [360] was set to 03 02. I'm not sure what that means exactly since my manual doesn't contain such information. I'm getting closer, but not quite there. Thanks again for any help

Old 10-03-08, 09:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The PC 5010 is rather annoying in that there is a separate programmiing sheet booklet, and without both books the programming instructions are cryptic at best.

Search for that one as well.

Your programming should be:
301 [phone number] *6*
360 05 03 (the second slot actually doesn't matter)
361 thru 368 only option 1 on
380 option 1 on

You may have to power the panel down and restart it to clear the old dialer configuration fully (it's a DSC quirk).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: