ademco 6150 function keys

Old 10-08-08, 06:51 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ademco 6150 function keys

Hi all,

I recently upgrade my alarm system from a Ademco Lynx system. I now have a Vista 15P panel with a 6150RF in the house and a 6150 keypad in the garage.

On the old system there were quick arm buttons for away and stay where I could just press & hold for 2 seconds to arm the system.

When I asked the installer about having the same setup on the new system he said it didn't do it, yet when I look through the user manual as well as the install manual I've found online I get the impression that this is possible.

So the question is, how difficult is it to get into programming mode to enable the function keys to allow the quick away/stay arming.

The install manual indicates I need a 2 line alpha keypad to program, but can I do this little bit with the keypads I have?

Thanks
Steve

Old 10-08-08, 10:30 AM
You're panel is capable of this feature, but I would not recommend programming without an alpha keypad.

What are your function keys programmed for now?
(Panic, Fire, Medical)

Would you be ok with removing what you have now?
note: you can still get the panics with *+#, 1+*, 3+# etc.

Have you called your alarm company to see if they would do this for you?

Do you have the spare stickers to place on the buttons?

Have you thought about using "quick arm"? Allows you to arm by pressing the # plus desired arming level, e.g. 2 stay, 3 away, 7 instant etc?

Old 10-08-08, 10:51 AM
N
The function keys don't do anything right now (not that I am aware of). The panics are programmed as the key pairs (*+#, etc)

I specifically asked about that functionality when they installed it, and was told it didn't do it Don't really want to pay another $50 for a service call.

No I don't have spare stickers, figured I could use a label maker to make labels to go next to the buttons.

I was not aware of the ability to press #2 (for stay). That is an improvement.

Old 10-08-08, 01:21 PM
Who is your alarm company? Did you recently have the upgrade done? If recent, I would ask that they do this to complete the installation. It is not your fault the installer was not knowledgable of the features of the system. Be polite and persistent. Many companies can program this stuff remotely through download.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: