DSC Power 832 PC5010 how to disarm forgot code?

Old 10-14-08, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Power 832 PC5010 how to disarm forgot code?

I have the above alarm System currently it is not monitored. when I bought the house alarm system was installed already.
I have no idea what is the installer code or the master code first when I moved in the light allways lid green ready.one day my wife tried to correct the clock she has no idea what she did. she armed it and we do'nt know the code to disarm it.
all I did I disconnected it from panel battery and power but when I trun it on the LCD shows away armed and if I open a door the alram taked off and the trouble light is on too when I press *2 it gives me #8 no idea how to get the code or reset it.

I am trying to get if you arm the system and you forgot the code how can you disarm it or reset it?

Any help appricated.
Thansk in Advance

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-08, 04:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Sorry, short of a lucky guess at the master code, your only option is to hardware default the system.

First websearch using the phrases: "DSC PC 5010 installer manual" and "DSC PC 5010 programming manual". You need _both_ for the instructions to make sense.

In the FAQ for this forum the default procedure (and some important cautions) is outlined.

Old 09-25-10, 01:42 PM
DSC PC5010 - I can't add new access codes or change master code

I bought a house with installed DSC PC5010 using LCD5501Z/LCD5500Z.

I am trying to add new access codes by doing what I found in all manuals: "[*][5][Master Code][code number][new access code]". So, for example, I type * 5 1234 20 9753, but I get a long bip after 1234 and another bip after 97. Therefore, it doesn't seem to be working.

Any suggestion?

Thanks much.

Old 09-25-10, 03:19 PM
then the master code is NOT 1234

after the *5, its looking for a VALID 4 digit code, since it doesnt know if its valid until the 4th digit is entered... it doesnt sound the error tone ( long tone ) until that 4th digit (4) is entered. then when you enter 20 (code location) 97 (1st 2 digits of future user code), again- thats not a valid user code.
at this time, its going to attempt to arm the system, so also a long error tone. because of the code not being in the system

you need to get the correct MASTER code and then you should be fine.