Help with Concord System/ITT Panel

Old 10-20-08, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with Concord System/ITT Panel

Hello all, I was wondering if you could possibly help me with a problem I have. I purchased a home with a Concord/ITT Panel home alarm system with a cell phone backup unit. Since I have bought the home, every couple of weeks or so at 1-2AM in the morning the panel beeps 5 times after conducting a phone test and failing. I do not have a LAN line, so I understand why it is failing. I have scoured the internet for about 4 hours and can't seem to find the way to disable the automatic phone tests, as this beeping is very annoying at this early hour. Do I have to flip DIP switches or can I disable with the control panel? Can you give me a walkthrough? If anyone can enlighten me I would greatly appreciate it. Please excuse my ignorance on this topic. I have a Concord system, the previous owner used cell only as the phone uplink, which is a Digicell 1500.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-08, 09:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
In order to make this go away, you will need an installer code to access the system programming.

Which version of the concord is this? There have been several models.

The cell dialer has likely gone into trouble because the cell provider has dropped the analog signal.

Old 10-21-08, 12:25 PM
Thank you for the quick reply.

Factory Code 113*0966
System Number *0023088
System Level 0501

Is this the info you needed?

Old 10-21-08, 07:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What I meant was Concord?, Concord 2?, Concord 3?, Concord Express?, Concord 4?

There are programming differences. What is on the diagram on the inside of the door of the box where the battery and motherboard are?

Old 10-21-08, 09:49 PM
There doesn't seem to be a diagram on the inside of the unit's box. The only sticker on the inside is labeled UL, Underwriters Laboratories. NO AG-835137 MODEL 60-734

On the motherboard, it is a ITI Comp Side, 55-702-E. The smaller board is ITI 55-723-C

There is a box below the main box which I assume is a power supply? It is Altronix Corp.

I have attached pics of one of my panels, the sticker inside, the main box, the box below it, the front and back of the manual.

I can't seem to find the version number anywhere.

Old 10-21-08, 09:53 PM

Old 10-22-08, 05:07 PM
You've probably got a version 2 concord..doesn't really matter in your case. All your trying to do is get rid of the phone number and/or the auto test feature which programs the same on all Concord panels. Bottom line, as MrRon stated earlier, you need that installer code (and perhaps the dealer code)! The default is 4321...quick way to check if that's still it...hit 9+4321 on your keypad. If you are then at the TIME and DATE setting, you are in business and we can walk you through clearing things up.

Old 10-23-08, 10:45 AM
GEGUY,

I tried 94321, no dice. If I call the people who installed it would they give me the code? I called before regarding this problem and they wouldn't help me over the phone, they just wanted to send a tech out for a ridiculous amount of money as the system is no longer monitored by them.

Old 10-23-08, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by KEVs77 View Post
GEGUY,

I tried 94321, no dice. If I call the people who installed it would they give me the code? I called before regarding this problem and they wouldn't help me over the phone, they just wanted to send a tech out for a ridiculous amount of money as the system is no longer monitored by them.
It's worth a shot. Some companies will, some won't. Unfortunately, you're basically powerless without that code.

Old 10-23-08, 01:00 PM
Wanted to update you guys, I called the local office and they refused to give me the installer code, saying I needed a tech to come out for a minimum $200 fee. I called their corporate office and got a really good tech support guy, who told me how to access the system. It was "8432100"

I accessed it and turned the phone test off. Now, all I have to deal with is a "2supervisory" motion sensor error on a partition for a shed I have. I hope it is just a battery or I may just deactivate it as I have no need for massive security in a shed as the previous owner had.

Thank you so much for your help guys, I appreciate the professionalism and non-condescending advice. If you guys are ever in WA let me know, I'll buy you a beer or three.

Old 10-23-08, 06:46 PM
Wanted to update you guys, I called the local office and they refused to give me the installer code, saying I needed a tech to come out for a minimum $200 fee. I called their corporate office and got a really good tech support guy, who told me how to access the system. It was "8432100"

I accessed it and turned the phone test off. Now, all I have to deal with is a "2supervisory" motion sensor error on a partition for a shed I have. I hope it is just a battery or I may just deactivate it as I have no need for massive security in a shed as the previous owner had.

Thank you so much for your help guys, I appreciate the professionalism and non-condescending advice. If you guys are ever in WA let me know, I'll buy you a beer or three.

If 8432100 worked for you, then 94321 should as well (try it again, I'm curious!)

"Supervisory" means the sensor is not being heard from by your wireless receiver. From your previous pics, I noticed that they put the receiver in the metal enclosure. Where is this enclosure located in your house? Basement? Is your shed made of metal? If your somewhat handy, we can walk you through moving that receiver to possibly a more RF friendly location....

Old 10-24-08, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by GEGUY View Post
If 8432100 worked for you, then 94321 should as well (try it again, I'm curious!)

"Supervisory" means the sensor is not being heard from by your wireless receiver. From your previous pics, I noticed that they put the receiver in the metal enclosure. Where is this enclosure located in your house? Basement? Is your shed made of metal? If your somewhat handy, we can walk you through moving that receiver to possibly a more RF friendly location....
The receiver is in a pantry under a set of stairs going to the second floor. It does have antennas coming out of the top of the metal box. The shed is in the backyard perhaps(guessing) 50-60 feet away. Shed is made of wood.

I have owned this home for about 6 months, never had a problem with that sensor. However, the problems started the other day when I was moving something in the shed and knocked the sensor off the wall. I also noticed a hole in the paper-like soft material on the sensor itself. Is it done for? Should I just deactivate that sensor or is there something I can do? I don't really need a motion sensor in my shed.

Edited to add: I tried 94321 again, still no dice.

Last edited by KEVs77; 10-24-08 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Added content
Old 10-24-08, 01:59 PM
The receiver is in a pantry under a set of stairs going to the second floor. It does have antennas coming out of the top of the metal box. The shed is in the backyard perhaps(guessing) 50-60 feet away. Shed is made of wood.

I have owned this home for about 6 months, never had a problem with that sensor. However, the problems started the other day when I was moving something in the shed and knocked the sensor off the wall. I also noticed a hole in the paper-like soft material on the sensor itself. Is it done for? Should I just deactivate that sensor or is there something I can do? I don't really need a motion sensor in my shed.

Edited to add: I tried 94321 again, still no dice.
Must be an older Version 2 Concord, now you can use the installer code to get into end-user programming.

Just delete that motion from the system. It won't give you any more trouble then.

Old 10-25-08, 02:31 PM
Ok, deleted the sensor. Thank you for all your help. I now only have 1 sensor that is malfunctioning on a second floor window. I believe it is hardwired in, so I will probably have to pay mucho bucks to get that fixed. I just bypass it every time I arm for now.

Cheers!

Old 10-25-08, 03:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hardwired is much easier to deal with. First verify that the wiring is good.

If you have the surface mount contacts, simply loosen the screw terminals, or cut the wire for the ones with the factory leads. Twist the exposed wire ends together. If the zone closes, then you just need a replacement contact (and magnet).

If you have the kind of contact that is plug in the window frame, first try putting a magnet on the contact (the magnets on the moving part of the window frequently get knocked loose). If it doesn't close, then you pry the contact out of it's hole and do the same thing as above.

Hardwire repairs are _much_ more straight forward than wireless troubleshooting.

Old 10-25-08, 06:59 PM
Looks like I was wrong, this is a wireless, right? The batteries gave it away.

I thought, cool, I'll just replace the batteries, but no luck there. There is a button that says "push to program." Other than that, I don't know how to resolve this. I also attached a pic taken of what I think is the magnet on the window? Or is that the sticky pad the magnet used to be on? Man, you guys should get paid for helping me. Like I said, if you guys are ever up my way, let me know.

Old 10-25-08, 09:12 PM
If it is already learned into the system, replacing the batteries and then opening and closing the door should do it...if it's not learned into the system, relearn it (I assume you know how to do this?!) in programming (enroll it by hitting that "press to program" button)

Old 10-26-08, 10:04 AM
If it is already learned into the system, replacing the batteries and then opening and closing the door should do it...if it's not learned into the system, relearn it (I assume you know how to do this?!) in programming (enroll it by hitting that "press to program" button)
I don't know how, all I have to do is hit the button? It doesn't require any input on the panel?

Old 10-26-08, 12:27 PM
I don't know how, all I have to do is hit the button? It doesn't require any input on the panel?
First try step one...Put the new batteries in, and OPEN AND CLOSE the door/window. If the device is already in the system, this will send a signal to the panel telling it (among other things) that the batteries are now good.

If that doesn't work, then the problem may be that the sensor is not learned into the panel. You have to get into programming 8+4321+00. You'll see SYSTEM PROGRAMMING. Hit the # key. It now says SECURITY. Hit the "A" key repeatedly until until keypad says "SENSORS". Hit # (now says LEARN SENSORS). Hit # again (now says PARTITION 1). Hit # again (now says SENSOR GROUP X). Change the sensor group to "13" hit # to save that entry. Now says TRIP SENSOR X.....press the button on the sensor. You should hear an beep from the keypad when it gets the signal.

Hopefully that does the trick.

Hit the * key repeatedly until keypad reads SYSTEM PROGRAMMING. Hit "A" (EXIT PROGRAMMING), then hit #.

Old 10-26-08, 01:05 PM
Ok, I tried all that, however when I entered sensor group 13, and the trip sensors comes up with a list of numbers, on 14 it had "shed motion 2". I pushed the program button and went back downstairs, no beeping, and it didn't show up on the list anywhere. I pushed # on a random number and it gave me the "invalid" beep, if you know what I mean. Doesn't seem to be working. Does the window have to be open or closed? I tried it with it closed. Maybe the sensor is bad? Are those easy to pick up?

Old 10-26-08, 04:01 PM
Ok, I tried all that, however when I entered sensor group 13, and the trip sensors comes up with a list of numbers, on 14 it had "shed motion 2". I pushed the program button and went back downstairs, no beeping, and it didn't show up on the list anywhere. I pushed # on a random number and it gave me the "invalid" beep, if you know what I mean. Doesn't seem to be working. Does the window have to be open or closed? I tried it with it closed. Maybe the sensor is bad? Are those easy to pick up?
Your not going to hear that beep unless you are near the keypad (it only lasts 1 second...it won't keep beeping!).

That means "shed motion2" had been previously deleted by someone, that solves that mystery...The system tries to learn in the lowest sensor number available. That happens to be the shed that had previously been deleted. If you know longer see "shed motion2" on the keypad after you pressed the button on the system, that means it learned it in and is now waiting for you to trip something else in. Does it now say "trip sensor X"? How many total sensors are in the system??? What may be happening also (cause I'm not there watching you do these steps..) is you may only have a 16zone wireless receiver and it is maxed out, not letting you learn in any additional RF devices....Or, the sensor is bad.

Old 10-27-08, 12:09 PM
When I go into Learn Sensors, "Trip Sensor 14, Shed Motion 2" comes up. I think I added the sensor as 15, however it now causes the alarm to go off, so I'm guessing it is a bad sensor? It would have to have been programmed before as it was in the original system, and also it gives me a warning that the window is open, even though it is not. When I went into "View Sensors" I think I found it under "computer Room." It has listed "S11 P1 G13 NC RF" So, how much does a replacement sensor cost and is it hard to install?

Old 10-27-08, 04:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There you go. You were chasing the wrong zone/sensor.

S11 means that it's sensor #11
P1 means that it's assigned to partition 1
G13 means it's configured using sensor group 13
NC means that it's a normally closed device
RF means that it's wireless.

Your picture of the transmitter shows the battery cover off.

If the battery cover is not in place, these devices treat it the same as an open zone. Do you have the cover, or is it missing?

Also, the magnet is a _very_ long way from the transmitter. The acceptable gap is only about 1/2".

Old 10-27-08, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post

If the battery cover is not in place, these devices treat it the same as an open zone. Do you have the cover, or is it missing?

Also, the magnet is a _very_ long way from the transmitter. The acceptable gap is only about 1/2".
The magnet when the window is closed is only 1/4" when the window is closed. The cover comes on/off very easily and I don't see anyway for the transmitter to know if it was on/off. With the cover on, new batteries, when I try to arm says "Computer Room Window Open." So, this has to be a deffective sensor, right?

Old 10-27-08, 06:42 PM
When I go into Learn Sensors, "Trip Sensor 14, Shed Motion 2" comes up. I think I added the sensor as 15, however it now causes the alarm to go off, so I'm guessing it is a bad sensor? It would have to have been programmed before as it was in the original system, and also it gives me a warning that the window is open, even though it is not. When I went into "View Sensors" I think I found it under "computer Room." It has listed "S11 P1 G13 NC RF" So, how much does a replacement sensor cost and is it hard to install?
What you are showing me is Sensor 11 ("S11 P1 G13 NC RF"). You mentioned that you think you added it as sensor 15...Go and see what sensor 15 shows (as in the above listing....S11 means "Sensor 11"). You mentioned before that you pressed the button on the sensor with the window closed. That would explain why it shows open when it is shut. You need to have the window open when you learn the sensor in. Delete it out and relearn it again with the window open...

Old 10-27-08, 06:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Websearch using the phrase "NX-450" and "NX-454". They are retailing for 35-40 dollars.

Old 10-27-08, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post

This sensor does not have a tamper switch....

Old 10-27-08, 08:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Been awhile since I handled this model.

My bad.

Old 10-27-08, 08:30 PM
The magnet when the window is closed is only 1/4" when the window is closed. The cover comes on/off very easily and I don't see anyway for the transmitter to know if it was on/off. With the cover on, new batteries, when I try to arm says "Computer Room Window Open." So, this has to be a deffective sensor, right?
Read a few posts back...I think you learned it in "backwards". Delete it and relearn it (push the button on the sensor) while the window is OPEN...

Old 10-27-08, 09:48 PM
Read a few posts back...I think you learned it in "backwards". Delete it and relearn it (push the button on the sensor) while the window is OPEN...
Ok, I'm going to wait until tomorrow just in case the alarm goes off I don't want to annoy my neighbor. Just want to make sure on this, so it is already learned as that sensor with the info I gave before, and it was probably learned before this problem started occurring, wouldn't this be a bad sensor? Or should I delete it and try all over again and put it on that same sensor spot, now that I know which sensor it is? It sucks because I can't push the button and hear the recognition by the panel as I live by myself. I never saw "Trip Sensor X." May I assume you meant "trip sensor ##," for example 07, or 15?

Old 10-28-08, 11:49 AM
Ok, I'm going to wait until tomorrow just in case the alarm goes off I don't want to annoy my neighbor. Just want to make sure on this, so it is already learned as that sensor with the info I gave before, and it was probably learned before this problem started occurring, wouldn't this be a bad sensor? Or should I delete it and try all over again and put it on that same sensor spot, now that I know which sensor it is? It sucks because I can't push the button and hear the recognition by the panel as I live by myself. I never saw "Trip Sensor X." May I assume you meant "trip sensor ##," for example 07, or 15?
Yes! That's what I meant!

Delete and try again....

You'll know if it learned in if the sensor number advances..For instance, if it wants you to learn in sensor 15 and you go and trip it and you come back to the keypad and it says trip sensor 16, you know that 15 learned in.

Old 10-28-08, 12:38 PM
Yes! That's what I meant!

Delete and try again....

You'll know if it learned in if the sensor number advances..For instance, if it wants you to learn in sensor 15 and you go and trip it and you come back to the keypad and it says trip sensor 16, you know that 15 learned in.
Ok, I deleted sensor 11 Computer room window and relearned it on the same sensor. However, now it is listed as "S11 P1 G13 NC HW" rather than "S11 P1 G13 NC RF." I thought it had worked as the computer room window open message went away and I was able to arm the system without needing to bypass it. However, every time I try to arm, the window sets off the alarm about 10-15 seconds later. Any ideas on why?

Edited to add: Interesting that when it was learned I had the window open but the system had the window as closed....

Last edited by KEVs77; 10-28-08 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added content
Old 10-28-08, 06:22 PM
Ok, I deleted sensor 11 Computer room window and relearned it on the same sensor. However, now it is listed as "S11 P1 G13 NC HW" rather than "S11 P1 G13 NC RF." I thought it had worked as the computer room window open message went away and I was able to arm the system without needing to bypass it. However, every time I try to arm, the window sets off the alarm about 10-15 seconds later. Any ideas on why?

Edited to add: Interesting that when it was learned I had the window open but the system had the window as closed....
"S11 P1 G13 NC HW" the HW means it's hardwire....not sure what you did!

Old 10-29-08, 10:12 AM
"S11 P1 G13 NC HW" the HW means it's hardwire....not sure what you did!
I know it means hardwire, why would it think it is hardwire. All I did was follow your instructions, learn the sensor with the window open by pushing the programming button on the sensor. It has to be a screwy sensor, correct?

Old 10-29-08, 10:28 AM
I know it means hardwire, why would it think it is hardwire. All I did was follow your instructions, learn the sensor with the window open by pushing the programming button on the sensor. It has to be a screwy sensor, correct?

Something else (hardwire) is being learned in when you are trying to learn that RF window sensor in. Do you have any motion detectors in the house or other hardwire door contacts? You might be inadvertantly tripping these into the system on while you make your way to the window sensor...

Even if the sensor is bad, it's not going to tell the system it's hardwire, if it's a RF device.

Old 10-29-08, 12:00 PM
Something else (hardwire) is being learned in when you are trying to learn that RF window sensor in. Do you have any motion detectors in the house or other hardwire door contacts? You might be inadvertantly tripping these into the system on while you make your way to the window sensor...

Even if the sensor is bad, it's not going to tell the system it's hardwire, if it's a RF device.
There are motion sensors in the house that are learned. How would I be picking something else up if I am not programming anything else to be learned?