Programing Ademco 6160v and want to add 6150rf too.

Old 10-26-08, 12:14 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Programing Ademco 6160v and want to add 6150rf too.

Hello Everyone,

I recently moved and had a system from Protection One which had the following: I believe it is a Vista 20p, I looked at the control panel lid and it had no indication of it being a 20p or 20se but I did see at the bottom the following 320p so I believe it to be a 20p. In any case here is the products I have.

1. Vista 20p?
2. 6150rf(was programed with a second keypad 6150 by protection one)
3. 6160v (note bought on ebay it was used for ADT)
3. 3 wirless contacts
4. 2 wirless motion
5. 3 keyfobs
6. 6 wired contacts ( I will be purchasing the Rare Earth recessed)

Ok so I installed everything the way that the installer installed them in my previous house but I also installed the 6160V I purchased on ebay. Should I wait for my wired contacts to be purchased or can just add them later?

Secondly I was not sure if I could program everything including the wireless contact via the 6160V, If I had to program/add the 6150rf via the 6160V. Note that the 6160V shows it is #16.

I also was not sure if I had to reprogram the identity code for the alarm company I am using and if I stayed with Protection One if I had to do any programing at all.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

God Bless

Old 10-26-08, 01:04 PM
You are correct in that the 320P1 is a vista 20P. I am assuming that you are replacing the 6150 with the 6160V.
With that being said, you will need to address the 6160v to the address the 6150 had been. To get the benefit of the 6160V, you will have to program the alpha descriptors in field 82. You can wait on the wired contacts, but you will want to strap them down to close the zones.

If you change from Protection One, you will need to have the dialer and account number changed.

If you stay with Protection One, they will have to create a job to delete your old account and create a new site for the new house. P1 requires a technician reprograms and tests the system. They cannot put the system online unless every zone is sent to the central station (the wired zones would have to be installed before activation or removed and added later. They do have an offer for free activation. If you have any questions let me know.

Old 10-26-08, 08:06 PM
D
Thumbs up How do I program my wireless contacts and keep both keypads

I am not sure if I explained how I wanted to use the system so let me explain.

First I have installed my 6160V in one location and the 6150rf in another location (I am keeping the 6150rf because I believe I need it in order for my wireless contacts to be detected) .

I was not sure if I could program everything including the wireless contact via the 6160V or if I had to start the programing on the 6160V and then program the wireless contact via the 6150rf.

Will the 6160v prompt me to add additional keypads to my system?

Thanks for the response..

Old 10-27-08, 05:37 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
No, it won't prompt you. You simply set the addresses on the keypads and enable those addresses in system programming.

Yes, you need to keep the RF keypad, it is your wireless receiver.

You do all of the programming through the 6160 keypad.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: