ADT Safewatch Pro 2000

Old 10-29-08, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Pro 2000

I have the above system. Upon opening the door without the alarm being set I get a rapid constant beeping from the keypad. Upon viewing the screen it says "Chime Bat". I can punch any key and stop the chiming. I assume Bat means battery. Is it the small lead acid in the main metal panel box or is there an internal battery in the keypad? I opened up the key pad and there is a small black circular device about the size of a quarter than can be removed. Upon removing it looks like a small battery surrounded by a copper ring. It touches on one side to metal contacts when inserted on the same side. Not sure what this is. If this is a special battery where can you get one or is this the chime itself.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-08, 04:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 34 Posts
That is a piezo sounder, which hopefully will keep working.

Yes, the battery is the one in the system enclosure. They run about 25-30 dollars.

Old 09-19-10, 10:42 AM
Please help! Safewatch Pro 2000 battery question

We have a Safewatch Pro 2000 with wireless motion detector either #5890 or #5860 and the battery needs to be replaced.

It's my understanding that I should be able to replace it myself and save $125 for ADT to come out and do it. However, I am unable to open the cover of the sensor without destroying the plastic. Am I doing it wrong? Is there an easy way to open the cover?

Thanks,
Traci

Old 09-19-10, 04:32 PM
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
Yes, it's simple when you know the trick. Not so simple if you aren't used to working with these things.

Look on the bottom of the PIR and you'll see a small slot in the center of the underside seam. The lens is closest to the top, and the long slot on the front is closest to the bottom of the PIR. (I'm not being sarcastic: Sometimes these things are mounted upside down for a pet alley.)

Stick a flat screwdriver blade in the small slot on the bottom seam and twist, and the cover pops right off.

Old 01-29-11, 03:11 PM
I also have a Safewatch Pro 2000 with a wireless motion detector needing battery replacement.
I have taken off the cover and I only see one battery.
Inside the cover it says to replace both batteries at once.
What am I missing?

Old 01-30-11, 10:47 AM
Depends on which motion it is. Part number would help but if your seeing one battery and slots for two, somehow other battery is missing. Some motions ADT used has battery in front and pop out board and another in the back. Really depends on which motion was installed. See if a part number is on the inside of the cover.