disabling rf dialer for safewatch pro 3000em

Old 11-08-08, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
disabling rf dialer for safewatch pro 3000em

I want to use my system as stand alone, but system keeps checking for radio back-up and beeps...how do i disable radio backup search

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-08, 05:41 PM
ADT Backup Long-Range Radio Failure (bF in display)

Last year or so, I terminated my ADT monitoring service. I continued to use the system (Safewatch Pro 3000EN) as a stand alone home alarm system without monitoring. However, when ADT switched from analog cell phone backup lines to digital cell backup, I could no longer arm the system. From that point on, whenever I arm the system, within a minute or so, the panel beeps rapidly with the error message "bF" and "check" on the bottom. "bF" stands for backup Long Range Radio communication failure. Apparently, my system's analog cell backup line check to the ADT central office is failing because they have switched to digital signals and therefore is not recognized anymore. I tried 6321 8 00 *41* *42* *99. I also tried numerous other things within Programming mode to no avail. Could someone please tell me how to prevent my system from even checking the cell backup in the first place? Thank you.

Old 11-08-08, 08:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Physically disconnect the radio from the keypad bus, then go to programming and enter *29 0 to make it stop looking for the radio.

Old 11-08-08, 09:45 PM
There is a honeywell box (about 6" x 4" x 2" thick) located in a closet behind the wall where the main keypad panel is. Is that the radio? Or is the radio in the metal box or the "can" housing the wireless transmitters, battery and phone/alarm connectivity downstairs in the boiler room? What/where is the keypad "bus"? How do I disconnect it? (P.S. I had already typed in *29 0 in programming mode, but it didn't work; does the radio have to be disconnected for *29 0 to work?) Thanks for your time...

Last edited by JoeyG; 11-08-08 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-09-08, 06:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes the small housing should be the 7845 cell dialer. It has to be physically disconnected to make the trouble go away.

Follow the 4 conductor wire attached to it back into the can and disconnect it.

The keypad bus is the 4 terminals that all of the keypads and add-on modules (like the cell dialer and wireless receiver) connect to.

Old 11-09-08, 11:52 AM
It Worked...

Mr. Ron...It seems to have worked (finally!!). You have helped make my family a bit safer, and for that, I sincerely thank you.

JoeyG

Old 09-07-12, 11:38 AM
I've had an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 since 2006 in a house I bought, put to work by Akerman. It has been working fine. I was out of town for the last 2 weeks and when I returned, I had the bF check error displayed. I went on the ADT site and found instructions to clear this error. However, there's no mention of physically disconnecting the radio from the keypad bus, then going to programing and entering *29 0 to make it stop looking for the radio. Is this what I'm going to need to do to get rid of this error. It said disconnect the RJ31X, which wasn't connected, Enter user code + 5+1 to send a signal, (had Akerman on the line to see that a message was sent, which they recieved). Enter user code + 1 to reset the keypad. Then arm and disarm the system, which is supposed to clear bF from from the keypad, but it didn't work. I've done this several times, but no luck, what am I missing?

Old 09-07-12, 03:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, the procedure hasn't changed. You have to tell the system to stop looking for the radio.