Protection One Alarm Code

Old 01-12-10, 06:36 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I know....you could call P1 by mistake and they would try to bill you!

Old 01-27-10, 11:06 PM
B
Another Installer Code for P1

I have a Concord 4 that P1 installed and that I need to take control over. Any suggestion on what the code is or how to find it or how to reset to the factory default? I would very much appreciate it

Old 01-28-10, 05:11 PM
Did you try 4321?

Are you the end user? If so, are you being monitored by Protection One?

Are you a competior?

What are you trying to do...?

Old 04-08-10, 11:07 AM
M
Originally Posted by nwf0625
Follow these steps to disable P1 from gaining access to your system.
1. go into programming mode...installer code, 8+0+0
2. enter *96. this resets the 4 digit account number that P1 set up your system with for reporting to the monitoring station. It also resets the central station ID to default FFFFFFFF.
3. Enter *41* This removes the phone number that it dials to.
4. Enter *42* This removes the 2 phone number that it dials to
5. Enter *92 then 0. This disables the phone line monitor module.
6. Exit programming by entering *99
7. Finally unplug the phone jack from your alarm control pc board.

You have now disabled any connection with P1 along with not having any "FC" displays on your keypad. The system will run as a local system. Let me know if you need any other help. I am in the alarm business, use Ademco/Honeywell products daily.

Norm
Arizona
Hello Norm. im trying to get my adelco vista 15pmt to call my cellphone i already try the *160 and my cell number *162 and 4 accept the number but it doesnt call me. *42 and *41 are locked i tried them but i get the EE. is there any way to unlock this or anything else to to do to have it call my cellphone.?
Thanks a lot i really appct. your great help. thanks.

manjol.

Old 05-25-10, 03:55 PM
A
100 check on the display

i have the ademco vista 10P panel. i reset everything, got the installer code and put in a new master code. everything worked fine. i can arm/disarm, chime, etc but there's a blinking 100 check on the display of the keypad. it just beep continuously until i hit any key. when i arm it, it says arm but when i open the door the siren doesn't sound. actually after resetting 3x, the siren finally worked, it was soooo loud so i turned it off. then after that when i armed it again, the 100 check came back blinking. what could be wrong. all 4 zones are fine, it chimes when they are open and when the motion is set the zone 02 comes on but doesn't chime. how can i fix it to where the siren goes off if zones are open during 'ARMED' setting.
thanks

Old 05-25-10, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by ayeen143
i have the ademco vista 10P panel. i reset everything, got the installer code and put in a new master code. everything worked fine. i can arm/disarm, chime, etc but there's a blinking 100 check on the display of the keypad. it just beep continuously until i hit any key. when i arm it, it says arm but when i open the door the siren doesn't sound. actually after resetting 3x, the siren finally worked, it was soooo loud so i turned it off. then after that when i armed it again, the 100 check came back blinking. what could be wrong. all 4 zones are fine, it chimes when they are open and when the motion is set the zone 02 comes on but doesn't chime. how can i fix it to where the siren goes off if zones are open during 'ARMED' setting.
thanks
how old is the system and look at your keypad it may be a
rf keypad it may not be on the base right
do you have any wierless zones or keyfob's

Old 05-25-10, 05:52 PM
A
its about 7 yrs old. on the keypad it as k4576v2 m6894. i dont have any keyfobs. i dont think theres wireless but not sure.

it looks like the 6148 keypad model

Last edited by ayeen143; 05-25-10 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-25-10, 08:00 PM
OK when was the last time the panel battery was replaced and is there 2 ant's sticking out the top of the panel
and what is your zone list

Old 09-21-10, 08:18 PM
G
Needing Help reseting my alarm.

I too bought a house from a lady who doesn't remember the password. I have tried the steps that you have posted but when I plug everything back in it beeps then on the display it has d1. What is this? Is there any way to reset this?

Old 09-22-10, 02:58 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
dL shows while the system is "booting up" after power is restored.

If it doesn't clear after 50 seconds, then the system has been shut down using the downloader software. In this case, without the cooperation of P1, it's a brick; and all you can do is replace the motherboard.

Old 03-18-14, 05:14 PM
M
I registered an account here solely to thank you cool cats for this information. Was just what we needed.

My system is a Vista-20PSIA with Custom Defaults (320P1) & set my installer & master codes using the steps in this thread.

Old 08-05-14, 02:10 PM
L
Hi I have a Protection one 320P1 alarm system and need to retrieve the master code or have it display the code so that I can utilize the system. Can anyone help me with this

Old 08-05-14, 05:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
This is a really old thread, but the same basic answer applies:
From the FAQ

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.
The location will be 20. Just in case, unplug the phone line first (this is also the panic key combo, and if you blow the timing, often monitoring centers will still dispatch to the address of record for panics)

Once you have the installer code.

Back in run mode, not program mode:

Installer code + [8] + 02 + new code to set the new master code.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz39ZLFCcBN

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: