DSC Power432/PC580 problem

Old 11-21-08, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Power432/PC580 problem

Hi,
After losing AC power while simultaneously having a dead battery condition, my keypad (LED) now comes up with 7, 8, Memory and Fire all lit up. The system didn't lose my codes or seemingly even the function key programming. However, it will not arm. I replaced the battery, reprogrammed the clock and still I get 7,8,Mem,Fire lights and no ability to arm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David
(Treffin)

PS-I read the FAQ...it was helpful on some other questions I had, but not with the immediate problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-08, 05:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Gonna need some more detail. Do you have wireless zones or a hardwired expander. Do you know what zone 7 and 8 are in your system?

Memory means it has a memory of a previous alarm
Fire means that a fire zone was tripped but you haven't reset yet.

(this is assuming normal run mode).

Try pressing *72 and check your zones.

Old 11-22-08, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
Gonna need some more detail. Do you have wireless zones or a hardwired expander. Do you know what zone 7 and 8 are in your system?

Memory means it has a memory of a previous alarm
Fire means that a fire zone was tripped but you haven't reset yet.

(this is assuming normal run mode).

Try pressing *72 and check your zones.
Sorry for the scant info on the last post. I have 4 zones. As far as I knew, there was nothing on 7 and 8 at all. Those have never been on before. Most of the activity is 2, 3 and 4 as those are motion sensors and downstairs doors. There are no remote/radio sensors or anything like that. This was a relatively simple setup...3 doors downstairs, 2 motion sensors (one upstairs and one downstairs). The house has smoke sensors that are electrically powered (AC) with battery backups on each, but those aren't connected to the alarm system.

The problem all started about a week ago. The keypad started bleeping and showing a trouble light. I did the *2 command and it showed low battery as the problem.

Before I could get to the store for another battery, I came home one afternoon and found that the power had been out for about 30min (according to the time difference on one of my clocks). At that time, the keypad was showing Memory, Bypass and Fire all lit up, along with 3, 7 & 8. I guessed that since the alarm battery had been dead when the AC power went off, that something had gotten messed up.

So I went to the store and got a replacement for the backup battery, brought it home and installed it. Now 3 and Bypass are no longer lit up, but the rest are still lit. I tried the *72 and it beeps at me afterwards and then shows the same thing (Memory, Fire, 7 & 8). I tried pushing *2 to see if that could tell me anything as before it had shown the battery as the problem. I get no LEDs after pushing *2 except for the trouble indicator itself.

As for other information:
PC580 System
PC5508Z Keypads (2)
IR Sensors (2)
3 door switches

The system was installed two years ago. The system has not been "installer locked".

Thanks,
David
(Treffin)

Old 11-23-08, 01:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Hmmm, I suspect that as your battery drained, it may have written gibberish into the program (rare, but happens, especially with lower end systems). I have the strong feeling that the only thing that will sort this would be a default of the programming, then reset the programming for your proper zones.