ge simon xt phone alert not working

Old 11-23-08, 08:54 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ge simon xt phone alert not working

I read the manual many times and still cant get it. Setup my Simon XT with 6 sensors and everything works great except for it calling me. Under Phone 1 i put in my cell number, and i set reporting to voice dialer under phone 1 report mode. Under Audio Verify menu i set Audio Mode to 1-Instant mode I did a communication test and it says communication is ok but it didnt call my cell. so i entered the duress code, still no call, i triggered alarm by opening door, siren goes off then i disarm it and still no call. Am i not triggering it properly? Any help is much appreciated.

Old 11-23-08, 01:29 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
I would carefully check your phone number programming. I suspect that you may have an area code programmed where you don't need one; missing the area code in a 10-digit dialing area; or just transposed numbers somewhere.

Old 11-23-08, 05:34 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djjava View Post
I read the manual many times and still cant get it. Setup my Simon XT with 6 sensors and everything works great except for it calling me. Under Phone 1 i put in my cell number, and i set reporting to voice dialer under phone 1 report mode. Under Audio Verify menu i set Audio Mode to 1-Instant mode I did a communication test and it says communication is ok but it didnt call my cell. so i entered the duress code, still no call, i triggered alarm by opening door, siren goes off then i disarm it and still no call. Am i not triggering it properly? Any help is much appreciated.
Audio Verify has to do with 2-way voice control, not calling your cell phone. Set that back to default...Are you waiting 30 seconds before disarming the system? The dialer delay defaults to 30 seconds.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: