Rollins System V alarm system

Old 11-30-08, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Rollins System V alarm system

We have an absolutely very old alarm system. I am trying to "rearm" it. I am getting a "C5" code, but I can't find the manual. Does anyone know what this code means? I have put a New Main battery in system.
Please respond to [please no direct contact info in open forums}
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by MrRonFL; 11-30-08 at 12:14 PM. Reason: removal of contact info
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-08, 12:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
These Rollins panels were a modified ITI SX IV or V

Look at the user manual and see if it matches up enough to your system to help:

http://www.aaaalarms.ca/file_source/...DFs/it_sxv.pdf

That code could be "CS" in which case it could be failure to communicate ("central station")

Old 12-14-08, 08:12 AM
Tom,
I do have the entire installation manual for the Rollins System V. It is not the home owners users version but the installtion manual for installers. A few months ago I accidently wiped out the CPU and had to start from scratch, I managed to bring the entire system back online...and I am just a regular joe home owner. I did the same thing you did, lost the system when replacing the battery. Is your system wireless?

Old 09-14-10, 06:16 PM
Rollins System V

I was a Rollins Protective Services service tech. You may email me at (email address deleted by moderator) with your question. It may not be so helpful as this alarm system was dicontinued over ten years ago and is made with software specific only for RPS.

Last edited by MrRonFL; 09-14-10 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Please, no direct contact info in forunm posts, per forum policy
Old 09-15-10, 12:51 AM
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by b1faithful View Post
I was a Rollins Protective Services service tech. You may email me at (email address deleted by moderator) with your question. It may not be so helpful as this alarm system was dicontinued over ten years ago and is made with software specific only for RPS.
B1faithful, I have no idea why you responded to a nearly 2-year-old thread, but by wild coincidence I happen to be looking for an installer's manual for the Rollins System V1 (or System 6, as I prefer to call it). Which, if I recall correctly, was an ITI "Custom SX-V" and made in a limited edition and I only ever saw a couple in the field that I can remember.

Basically they were SX-5's modified to use Learn-Mode sensors, and Rollins used sensors with a 317Hz freq, so it was incompatible with the rest of ITI's Learn-Mode equipment used in the USA. I'm not sure if they preceded the Caretaker Plus or not.

Anyway, really wild coincidence, I just came across someone trying to revive one of these monkeys and having trouble, the kind that needs an installer's manual to see how it's supposed to work.

I'm sending you a PM so we can trade emails if you would. Check your forum mailbox. Thanks.

EDIT:
Aside from that, any idea what a code "HH" means in the display? I've worked on SX-4's, SX-5's and Caretaker Plus, and I don't recall an "HH" code displayed.

Last edited by ChosunOne; 09-15-10 at 01:11 AM.
Old 09-25-10, 06:42 AM
Rollins System V alarm

I want to delete one sensor, can that be done and is so what is process?

Old 09-25-10, 11:41 PM
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by retired3t View Post
I want to delete one sensor, can that be done and is so what is process?
The Rollins System V was a slightly modified ITI SX-V panel. Go to your favorite search engine with the phrase "ITI SX-V Installation Manual". It's not modified enough to be programmed any differently. Look up sensor programming in the manual and you'll find it's a pretty straightforward procedure.

Do you mind if I ask which sensor number you want to delete and why?

Old 09-27-10, 07:16 AM
Sensor # 40, I damaged the sensor changing the battery and re-sodering did not correct the problem!
Thanks for your help.

Old 10-26-11, 10:24 AM
I also own a Rollins System V. The above link for an Installers Manual no longer works. Could anyone provide a new one?

I know my unit is old. Last year, I contacted ADT and a sales rep gave me a quote for a new system. A week later, the manager sent a different rep, who gave a HIGHER quote and would not honor the previous one. I was annoyed and have kept the System V ... so far.

I only want the manual so I can learn how to replace the backup battery. Thank you.

Old 11-13-11, 02:14 PM
Rollins System V Manual

Piraya - I have a hard copy of the Rollins System V manual. I can scan and send the pages you want if you still need them. You will not want to lose power to the system between the time the old battery comes out and the new one goes in. I am assuming the system is fully operational at the moment?

Old 11-22-11, 08:31 AM
Thank you for replying.
My system is rather old, but still works like a champ (aside from two disabled sensors). Rollins made quality equipment.
Yes, I would appreciate scanned pages of how to replace the internal battery, and how to recode the system if necessary.
To be diplomatic, ADT's standards differ from those of Rollins.
Thank you again, Elmo5.

Old 12-31-11, 03:26 PM
Could you also send me a copy of the manual?? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!! Morgan

Old 02-05-12, 12:55 PM
Manual for System V

Morgan and Piraya,

I don't know how to send the manual file to you. Do I need your email addresses, or is there a way to post it somewhere?

Piraya - the battery you need to buy is a NP7-6. It is 6-volt, 7.0 Amp hour. It is a sealed rechargeable lead-acid battery. Several different manufacturers make them, like PowerSonic, Enersys and such. <<<< Elmo5 >>>>

Old 03-01-12, 08:02 AM
I have a Rollins System V, I almost have it working but I clear accidentally the ram, I need the Installation Manual (how to program from scratches ) so I can program it again.

Old 03-01-12, 10:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try this one: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...n%20Manual.pdf

There are some differences between the Rollins model and the stock SX-V, but that might get you going in the right track.

Old 05-31-12, 03:06 PM
The battery

I have the installation manual. No problem there.
I can get the NP7-6 battery from Amazon. No problem there.

My issue is, where does the battery go and how do I replace it?
I suspect it is behind that circuit board, but the manual does not cover that.
How do I physically replace the NP7-6 battery?

Old 08-20-12, 11:05 AM
Reprogramming ITI SX-V

Can i reprogram without a hand-held programmer?
Thanks,
Bill

Old 08-20-12, 11:09 AM
Query

Did u manage to do it? With or without the hand-held programmer?

Old 09-09-12, 04:57 PM
I found your post in the course of trying to figure out what to do with our Rollins SX-V system after a severe storm caused 12-hour power outage and when power was restored, the system no longer responded to our access code. We asked AT&T to ignore all signals from it until we get it repaired. Meanwhile, we had to disconnect power to it to prevent 6-beep alarm every 60 seconds. The CPU screen says "C5" which I guess means there's no communication for 2+ hours to monitoring agent. The battery is dead, so I'm going to replace it. I found the installation manual on the internet, but I'm unsure based on comments I've read on this and other blogs whether I would need a special programming device to reprogram it, or whether I can reprogram it with the handheld touchpad, which still works. The CPU does respond to the default code (1234) but not to our code so at a minimum I'll need to change the access code. If I need a special hand-held programming device to reprogram the CPU, I guess we're done because I don't think anyone has these anymore. Hope you get this email and can understand what I need--I really don't want to buy a new system. This one worked perfectly until the power outage. Let me know what you think. Also, if you have any former Rollins tech contacts in central Ohio, maybe you could give me a name so I can get someone to help reprogram our system. Thanks.
Mundaily

Old 01-16-13, 01:16 PM
Rollins Installation for Dummies. I love this site, but I have a Rollins System 5. I've read my ( Home Manuel ) but still having trouble re-alarming the system. The Master CPU unit is now in the ( P ) program mode and it list all of my Sensors. I've tried the House code 1234 ( then select # 1 ) and reverse 4321. I do not get any acknowledgible ( signal ) for a responce,so close but so far away.Please any Hints from anyone B 1faithful-I'm in Charlotte,North Carolina

Old 02-10-13, 10:19 AM
I dropped sensor and it does not work. How do I disable it?

I dropped a sensor and now it does not work. How do I disable it. I looked at the installation manual and still is not clear.

Old 02-10-13, 12:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Page 86 of the manual.

Turn on the program switch
press BYPASS + 2-digit sensor number
wait a few seconds
turn program switch off.

Old 09-18-13, 08:09 PM
I have the system V

Where is the program switch? I have a bad sensor that I need to disable.

Old 09-19-13, 11:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Bottom left area of the circuit board. See the diagram on page 18 of the manual in the link above.

Old 09-20-13, 06:49 PM
It worked!

My control box looks a little different inside. There was only one switch and it is in the middle and a little to the right. I did what you said and it worked. Itís not showing supervisory trouble anymore with that sensor number. Do you know of any way to get replacement sensors? Iíve had my system since 1986 and itís been great.

Old 09-20-13, 09:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Looong out of production. Short of a lucky find on something like ebay, there's no replacement parts.

Old 11-29-13, 06:26 AM
Can't delete sensor

I need to delete one of my smoke detectors until I find a replacement. I followed your post from 02/10/13 to page 86 of the manual and followed the instructions but the sensor isn't deleted. (put switch to program, press bypass, press 2 digit sensor number). Am I missing a step, or is my system damaged?

Old 11-29-13, 07:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
That is all the information available. My few encounters with one of these systems is to remove it to install something new.

Could you possibly be entering the wrong zone number?