Safewatch Pro 3000/Ademco 6139b/Calling Home

Old 12-03-08, 11:20 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000/Ademco 6139b/Calling Home

I have read this forum for 4 weeks. I have a business and 4 years ago inherited the ADT system mentioned. Since finding this site I read and learned how to replace the backup battery and that it would take 24 hours for the fault to disappear from the display. I learned how to identify the system in order to get the correct directons. And just last night I learned how to power down the system to get into programming mode. It would not allow me to reset the installers code which was the default 6321. For weeks I tried to use the default code and would get one long beep...but no programming mode entry. So powering down allowed me to enter programming mode. As is stated I cannot change the programmers code. Can you tell me why. Has ADT locked it out? As well, I changed the 41 and 42 and tested the system and it dials about 8 times. Then I read that it must communicate with a device that understands its language. More on that would be helpful. Is it possible to download the log info to a fax machine or is it not that simple. So far all I have been able to do is program the system to dial my home phone number as well as my cell but with no information elaborated. Could someone discuss how to get some sort of notification on an answering machine and how to eliminate the numerous calls. Even if it requires additional hardware. TIA.

Old 12-03-08, 12:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts
Yes, on some models, the installer code is fixed for the ADT code and cannot be changed. If [installer code] + 8 + 00 doesn't jump you into program mode after you have previously exited with *99, then they may have used the download software to disable the ability to enter programming other than by the power up with * + #.

Do not use *41 and *42 to dial to anything other than a central station, you want to use the pager programming.

See the following thread:
http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...vista-20p.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: