Need advice for Florida Condo

Old 12-08-08, 12:23 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need advice for Florida Condo

I just purchased a Condo in Florida which has been pre wired for touch pads, magnetic switches, and motion detectors. No System in place just wiring and switches. Since this is a second home I want to set up a alarm/ monitoring system but would prefer to go with something that I can access thru the internet/cell text instead of dedicated alarm monitoring. Pretty handly with Computers and basic electronics and even Linux.

Features I would like in system:
Door Zones; Window Zones, Motion Detectors; Key pad control; 2-3 Internet viewable Camera's; Some limited internet access to adjust / monitor system. (example change key pad codes or access system status) Wouldn't mind if system can expand to control thermostate / humidity, or a couple lights.

Any recommended vendors for security system , camera's, or software would be appreciated. If you know of specific issues I might not be considering please let me know those as well.

Thanks

KM

Old 12-08-08, 05:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you have broadband internet, the cameras can be handled by either a DVR (most of which have internet viewer capability). Or by IP cameras, which have their own individual internet access. I recommend the DVR, the individual cameras will be cheaper, and the configuration is generally easier, and the DVR has inputs that allows it to be integrated with a security system.

There is also things like the Honeywell Optiflex system: Optiflex - Honeywell Security & Communications

For the burg system, a few models have "virtual keypads" that can be accessed from a network.

Basically, go to the websites for Honeywell Security, Ge Security, DSC, etc and look at the specs for their systems and add on modules.

There is no "one size fits all" solution for this stuff. It's all custom, and you have to pick and choose.

Old 12-09-08, 07:24 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help. I appreciate your insight

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: