DSC PowerSeries 9047 - Call cell phone

Old 12-14-08, 11:56 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PowerSeries 9047 - Call cell phone

I am hoping to find someone well seasoned with this alarm system. It is so simple its amazing yet I have run into a few walls .

My biggest question is:
There is a feature to have the system call a "Residential Dial" number, which is opposed to the monitoring center. An alarm installer told me that you can program this system to call you cell, and then it emits a long beep. Somewhere during the beep you can press any digit on your keypad and the system will go into a 2-way communication mode.

I can't get it to work. I have tried every setting I can think of and it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't even think the system is trying to call out most of the time.
I have waited the communication time of 15-30 seconds after setting off the alarm to see if it would work.

Any ideas?

So far I have changed all three of the dial numbers, changed the template programming and several other parameters with regard to communications.

I got the system to dial once... but now I can't. I have also checked the phone line at the backplate, but I get dial-tone just fine.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-08, 03:15 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
Did you set report codes for all of the actions you wish to activate the dialer? DSC panels are odd in that all zones (and other things) default to not communicating.

Old 04-14-10, 01:11 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 9047. It does call me on my mobile but i can not initiate the 2-way audio. Is it possible with the residential dial ?

The Manual does not help at all.

Some hints are much appreciated

Old 04-14-10, 04:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
2 way audio is a central station function, it doesn't work with residential dial.