Adt pc1555

Old 12-18-08, 08:16 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adt pc1555

Hello,

I bought a house about 3 months ago that had one of these systems in it, the house was not lived in for several months, so the system had died, upon turning the power back on, the system would beep, alot and actually sounded so I disconnected it. I have been reading around alittle, and would like to be able to use it again, but since I don't know any of the arm/disarm codes to it, I am unable to. What i've done so far is:

When I plug it back in, the ARMED light comes on, and then a few seconds later, the TROUBLE light comes on, if I walk around any, zone 4 lights up witch is the motion light in the hall. So, the system is armed, I am not sure if anything can even be reprogrammed if it's armed, I have tried *8 with the usual codes, 6321, 1555, 5555 and a few others i've found, and nothing different has happened.

The trouble codes, I got from *2 are 1, which is system repair needed, it may be due to me disconnecting the phone line, and siren to it, and 8 which is a time/date error.. I would just like to somehow get it to where I can set a new code to arm/disarm it, but I am stuck. Beer 4U2Beer 4U2

Old 12-18-08, 11:36 AM
R
ok,

I got it to reset, and the installer code back to 6321, I did the loop reset of program 1, to sensor 1 connector, and it did the trick, Now I need to reprogram it, basically what I am trying to do is use it without monitoring, so I need to also turn the dialer off, To program zones, I did the *8 6321, 001 01 01 00 05 00 00 00 00 For zone 1 back door, 2 front door, 3 is not used, and 4 is a motion sensors.. The system works with with entering the code I set, however when I push the "Stay" button, the system arms, however, it also arms the motion sensor, so any time I walk around, it goes off. What am I doing wrong? I have it set as a 05.. Also, when I arm the system with the code, or push away, it doesn't give me the beep until it arms, it does give me like a minute before it does, but no alert.

Last edited by rpope904; 12-18-08 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-18-08, 05:43 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
It _should_ have auto-bypassed. It is possible that the ADT modified version defaults to Auto Stay disabled.

Your keypad quick keys may have been remapped, also. The keypd doesn't default from a system default (they have their own default).

Old 12-18-08, 07:51 PM
R
I got it worked out, I followed the manual, and got it working good. One thing I would like to ask you MrRon, is that on my zones, I have it as zone 1 being the back door, zone 2 being the front door, and zone 4 being motion detectors, I have 2 detectors so I assume they are wired to the same zone, What I would like to do, is relocate one of them and assign it on another zone, so that when I have the system active at night (I use *9 <CODE> for this, so it doesn't give a delay but currently only the 2 doors are protected) I want it so that I can manually activate this too, And keep the other motion detector off. Because of where this one is located, there is no reason anyone should be in that part of the house at night, while the other one is in the common hallway leading to the keypad. What would I program this zone as,
[00] Null Zone
[01] Delay 1 Zone
[02] Delay 2 Zone
[03] Instant Zone
[04] Interior Zone
[05] Interior Stay/Away Zone
[06] Delay Stay/Away Zone
[07] Delayed 24 Hour Fire Zone

And, how would I manually activate it while it's in "Stay" mode, because I don't want it active during the day in "Stay" mode, only at night while we are sleeping.

Thanks again for your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: