LynxR-2 Alarm Reporting

Old 12-26-08, 04:41 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
LynxR-2 Alarm Reporting

I just installed the LynxR-2 system. Today I tested the system with the central monitoring station using the entry doors. I set off the alarm with each entry door and both times the central station was sent a signal but it was a trouble signal rather than an alarm signal. All the sensors work fine and set off the alarm if tripped but the central statoin only gets a trouble signal and would not take this as an alarm. Anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be?

Old 12-26-08, 06:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Without any more detail than provided, I'm guessing you enrolled the wrong loop number on your transmitters. For the standard 5816 transmitter the loop for the built in reed switch should be loop 2.

Old 12-27-08, 07:05 AM
D
Alarm Reporting

Thanks for the response. My back door uses a 5815 and was set to loop 2. My front door and door to garage both use a 5818MNL and are set on loop 1. They were all enrolled using the voice prompt RF learning mode so the loops should be set automatically. I checked the loops using the *56 programming. Do these loop numbers sound correct to you?

Old 12-27-08, 08:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Those are the correct loop numbers. If you are sending contact ID, and the you have the battery covers properly in place, they should be receiving the correct codes. Ask them what the actual codes that they are recieving are (you may have to escalate the call; many rank and file operators cannot view the codes directly).

The link is to a document with the actual codes that standard contact ID uses: http://www.smartelectron.ru/files/DC-05_Contact_ID.pdf

They should be recieving a 130, 131, or 134 (Burg, perimeter, or entry/exit) with the zone number.

The Lynx is a very simple panel. There is really no way to change the codes transmitted other than changing the zone.

From all indications, your end of the wire is programmed correctly. Assuming that there is nothing else wrong with the panel, there's not really much that _can_ be changed.

Old 12-27-08, 09:23 AM
D
Alarm Reporting

Thanks for your help and the pdf file. I will take it to the next level and hopefully get the problem resolved.

Old 12-30-08, 05:55 PM
D
Alarm Reporting update

Problem solved. Turned out that for the test after I armed the system I failed to open and close the door. The panel thought that nobody left the house and caused the trouble alert instead of the alarm. When testing the system don't forget to pretend you are leaving. Pretty neat feature of the system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: