Vista 20-P - Fire Alarm Troubles

Old 01-04-09, 01:34 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20-P - Fire Alarm Troubles

Good Afternoon Gentlemen/Ladies,

I have a quick question for you experts out there on my home security system. Here are the details on my system:
- Vista 20P Control Panel With Metal Enclosure and Lock
- 6160 Alpha English Keypad
- 6270 Touch Screen Alpha Keypad
- FSA-410BT - 4 Wire Photoelectric Smoke Detector W/Heat

(All purchased through homesecuritystore.com)

With their help and the help of family/friends, I have everything programmed how I want it. I just got around to setting up the smoke detectors and tested them a couple hours ago. Good news, they work. Bad news, I am getting a 'Fire Trouble' message popping up. I go in to clear the faults/troubles, put in my code and the fire is not clearing. I have been looking all over online but have not found anything. Can anyone help me with how to clear the fault? I can arm/disarm the system but I went to test another smoke detector and I heard the 'click' that it was working but the system did not sound off.

Much obliged for any help. Thanks! {please no email addresses in open forums, it's against policy, and attracts spambots...}
- Jason

Last edited by MrRonFL; 01-04-09 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Removal of address
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-09, 02:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
Gonna need more information. How did you wire it? Did you program an output to trip the relay to reset the zone? Did you install the resistor in parallel to the alarm contacts, or in series?
What zone type did you use?

The crystal ball is kinda muddy on this one.

Old 01-04-09, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I will do my best. I wired it exactly as stated in the instructions and verified with homesecuritystore.com support. I programmed an output as you stated and installed the appropriate resistor at the farthest point from the panel box. I used zone 6 and reprogrammed it to fire. Thanks for your help.

Jason

Old 01-04-09, 07:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
And that, my friend, provided me with exactly zero information. You _think_ you followed the instructions, but clearly something is _not_ according to hoyle.

You do know that on ademco panels, it takes 2 code + off entries to clear and reset smokes? If it's showing fire trouble, either the detector has not actually reset, or the end of line resistor is not being detected.

Try simply disconnecting one of the power leads for a few seconds. If you can reset the system after that, then you have something configured incorrectly.