Possible to update Simon (3 or XT) firmware

Old 01-08-09, 09:04 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is it possible to update Simon (3 or XT) firmware?

There are several versions of firmware on both of these models. I know a lot of the XT users are stuck with versions prior to 1.2 that are not compatible with the new touchpad.

Does GE provide some software upgrade path for the Simon panels? Either by the home user, installer, GE technician, or mailing into GE?

If the hardware is the same and only a software firmware changes, it seems silly not to provide users a way to get the latest firmware.

Thanks

Last edited by nickdiy; 01-08-09 at 09:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-09, 08:20 PM
G
Originally Posted by nickdiy View Post
There are several versions of firmware on both of these models. I know a lot of the XT users are stuck with versions prior to 1.2 that are not compatible with the new touchpad.

Does GE provide some software upgrade path for the Simon panels? Either by the home user, installer, GE technician, or mailing into GE?

If the hardware is the same and only a software firmware changes, it seems silly not to provide users a way to get the latest firmware.

Thanks

Right now the only GE panels that are flash upgradeable are the Version 2 Networx line.

Old 01-17-09, 11:37 AM
A
Old Software version. How to upgrade?

So how does one get the new firmware? Prom upgrade? Return to GE? I am stuck with 2 units at rev. < 1.2 and want to add the wireless keypads. This was poor planning on GE's part. They should provide a method for software upgrades.

Old 05-08-09, 12:50 PM
N
Originally Posted by alhale View Post
So how does one get the new firmware? Prom upgrade? Return to GE? I am stuck with 2 units at rev. < 1.2 and want to add the wireless keypads. This was poor planning on GE's part. They should provide a method for software upgrades.
I asked GE

Request Details:Hi, the ge simon xt product spec states Firmware flash upgrades can be done remotely . How is this completed thanks
and this was their response:

That was never realized, and would not have been available to homeowners in any case.

[email protected]