Need help with Acron alarm

Old 02-21-09, 12:29 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help with Acron alarm

A few weeks back, I had an electrical issue that I had to track down, and I had to have the circuit breaker off, that feeds my Acron alarm, for quite some time. The key pad by the front door was the one I used to disarm the system, when I would turn it off, after I shut off the breaker, a number of times. Once I got the electrical issue fixed, I have found that the panel by the door can no longer set or disarm the system. It lights up , as normal, it beeps when you press the buttons, and seems to function in every way, but, it will not set the system.

I have the following:
Digikey IV-F key pads
AV8000 main alarm panel.

I've downloaded the manuals for both of these, but this issue isn't addressed.

Old 02-21-09, 05:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
What likely happened, was that by loosing power, and running down the backup battery, it scrambled the programming, so your programmed code doesn't work.

If you have the same maual: http://www.guardianalarms.net/home_s...ion_Manual.pdf

Use the instructions on the first couple of pages to set new codes.

I can't offer you too much useful info here, this is a 19 year old system (give or take a bit), and I've basically only flat replaced them.

Old 03-18-09, 07:53 PM
J
Thanks for the link. I actually had that PDF file on my computer already. I wanted to clarify something. I have 3 keypads. Only one of them does not set/disarm the alarm system. Is there a way to just reprogram the single keypad rather than the whole system. The AV-8000 guide seems to be more the a full system reprogram.

Old 03-18-09, 08:34 PM
J
Even more info...

I read through the keypad installer guide and I wasn't even able to get the unit into program mode, by using the default installer code. If I disconnect it from the wires coming from the wall, will it go back to factory defaults ? To test the function of this keypad, could I swap it with another one, from a different room or would that zero out THAT pad as well ?

Old 03-23-09, 11:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Hmmm, hard to say. If only one keypad of three is showing this issue, my guess would be that the keypad is what has failed, and it's not a software issue, but a hardware issue.

Old 03-23-09, 06:09 PM
J
That was my guess too. The odd part is that this pad was working WHILE we were turning off the power and flipping it back on. I used it to unset the alarm , when the power went off.

If there is no memory or programming stored on the key pad, I should be able to swap it out with another and all should work. All the leads go to the same screw down spots, so they must all work the same.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: