ADT Safewatch Custom RF

Old 02-24-09, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Custom RF

I have had this home alarm system for approx. 10yrs. I had it installed when we bought the home we live in now . The system was always calling the locakl sheriffs dept. and ADT could not figure out the problem so we worked out anb agreement where i bought the hardware and did not have any monitoring by ADT. I have an external speaker on the outside of the house and we do use the system when we leave house. I have had to replace the batteries in some of the door sensors and the break sensors. Recently when I go to arm the system it says sensor 7 failure ...system battery failure .

I checked the batteries in the sensor 7 window break sensor and the lights and everything work fine on the sensor but when i open the door to look at the settings the beep beep does not go off on sensor 7 like it normally would .

Can you tell me how I can delete that sensor 7 or get the system to detect it and the mod # on the main touch panel is
Model 17...487242 and it says ADT Safewatch Custom RF on it .

I am sure that the system battery failure is the back up battery in the main panel which I can replace that .

I would appreciate any any and all help .

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-09, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by awd tbss View Post
i have had this home alarm system for approx. 10yrs. I had it installed when we bought the home we live in now . The system was always calling the locakl sheriffs dept. And adt could not figure out the problem so we worked out anb agreement where i bought the hardware and did not have any monitoring by adt. I have an external speaker on the outside of the house and we do use the system when we leave house. I have had to replace the batteries in some of the door sensors and the break sensors. Recently when i go to arm the system it says sensor 7 failure ...system battery failure .

I checked the batteries in the sensor 7 window break sensor and the lights and everything work fine on the sensor but when i open the door to look at the settings the beep beep does not go off on sensor 7 like it normally would .

Can you tell me how i can delete that sensor 7 or get the system to detect it and the mod # on the main touch panel is
model 17...487242 and it says adt safewatch custom rf on it .

I am sure that the system battery failure is the back up battery in the main panel which i can replace that .

I would appreciate any any and all help .

Thank you in advance
the model no. We need is the system in the main panel box not the keypad

Old 02-24-09, 07:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If you have the original Safewatch Custom RF, it's a modified ITI SX-V. Does it look like the one in the following manual?

http://www.aaaalarms.ca/file_source/...DFs/it_sxv.pdf

Old 02-24-09, 09:33 PM
Yes it looks very similar ..Here are some pics

Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
If you have the original Safewatch Custom RF, it's a modified ITI SX-V. Does it look like the one in the following manual?

http://www.aaaalarms.ca/file_source/...DFs/it_sxv.pdf

Old 02-24-09, 09:38 PM
The Mod # I found was on the inside of the plastic panel that covers the main panel. This mod # is 487530

There was also another # which is this one AB-170711

I am also going to buy a battery which is a 3.2-6R 6V 3.2 AH

I really appreciate any help at all .

Thanks

Originally Posted by PRO1 TECH View Post
the model no. We need is the system in the main panel box not the keypad

Old 02-25-09, 10:34 PM
I cannot believe that my camera actually worked for the pics ..I think that this is the first time it took decent pics..they are usually blurry

Old 02-26-09, 04:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Lets try a different tack: Is the box in the closet with the battery like the one in the manual in the link with the digital display on the surface, or is it a thinner, flatter box with a plastic shell and no display?

Old 02-26-09, 04:50 PM
The panel that has the battery backup in it for the main panel has No display, here are pics of it .

I am sorry , when I have refered to the main panel for the last 10yrs it has always been the touch pad panel not the panel that has all the main circutry in it and the back up batttery for when the power goes out. I hope these pics helps.

Old 02-26-09, 07:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There we go. The true identity of your system is a modified ITI Caretaker Plus system. ADT called it "Safewatch Caretaker Plus" User manual: http://www.adt.com/wps/wcm/resources..._caretaker.pdf

The ADT modified version has a lot of hard coded defaults and are notoriously difficult to try to modify the programming.

On the plus side, _most_ of your wireless transmitters are compatible with current generation GE Concord family and Networx wireless.

Try giving the installer manual a read through and see if you are willing to tackle it: http://www.baipeaceofmind.com/Techni...r_46-504-h.pdf

Old 02-26-09, 08:18 PM
Thank you very much for your help and time you spent finding this info for me . I have read for about an hour or so and I have not come across sensor learning or sensor deleting .

I have one glass breakage sensor that does not seam to be recognized by the system even though it has power to the sensor . Iput new batteries in the sensor and it still says sensor 7 failure . With these manuals , I will either find out how to replace ,reprogram or delete that sensor i a sure ..Thanks for all your help .

Originally Posted by MrRonFL View Post
There we go. The true identity of your system is a modified ITI Caretaker Plus system. ADT called it "Safewatch Caretaker Plus" User manual: http://www.adt.com/wps/wcm/resources..._caretaker.pdf

The ADT modified version has a lot of hard coded defaults and are notoriously difficult to try to modify the programming.

On the plus side, _most_ of your wireless transmitters are compatible with current generation GE Concord family and Networx wireless.

Try giving the installer manual a read through and see if you are willing to tackle it: http://www.baipeaceofmind.com/Techni...r_46-504-h.pdf

Old 02-27-09, 05:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
In my copy of the manual it's on page 4-26.
Once you have access to programming, you press BYPASS or STATUS until the display shows "delete sensors"

Press COMMAND
Then press STATUS or BYPASS until you get the sensor you want to delete.
Press COMMAND
It will confirm the deletion
Exit programming

Old 08-07-09, 02:31 PM
Caretaker Programming Manual

I have the same system mentioned earlier in the thread. When I bought the cabin, the seller wasn't using the alarm and the access code they gave me didn't work.

I don't have it monitored, but I would like to change the access code so I can use some features, like pre-heating the house.

The link to the programing guide appears to be password protected - is there another place I can find it?

Also, I assume the programming is stored in flash memory or something - I have to cut power to the panel for a while until I can replace the dead battery. (I won't have a new battery until my next weekend at the cabin.)

ADT called it "Safewatch Caretaker Plus" User manual: http://www.adt.com/wps/wcm/resources..._caretaker.pdf

Old 08-07-09, 06:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
These were never hugely common or popular panels, in either the ITI or ADT version. The site that had the manual posted seems to have ceased to exist.

You will have to get it from one of the manual archive sites. The download fee is pretty low on most of them.

Old 07-29-11, 01:13 PM
Hi Ron,
Back in August, 8, 2009 - you gave a poster (xyzzz I believ) a web site to get a ADT Safewatch Custom RF programming manual. The .pdf manual was 46-504-h. That site seemed to be unavailable and I was wondering if you knew of any other sites that did carry that one. I have been looking on the web and found a couple of sites (Technical Manuals Online had a number of Caretaker Plus manuals but not the 46-504) but to no avail. I have a glass break sensor that no longer works and I am in process of getting an exact duplicate model but I need to get the cpu to recognize this new one. Thank you for the help. Rich

Old 07-29-11, 04:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Use the caretaker manual. There is no practical difference.

Otherwise, I strongly suggest you consider changing out this orphaned dinosaur for one of the Networx or Concord family panels, both of which use the same wireless transmitters (except for a couple of the smokes and motions that were unique to the Caretakers),