Concord HELP

Old 02-25-09, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord HELP

I have tried to go through and read previous posts to answer my question but, couldn't figure it out so MR GE this is for you

Our house is 2 years old William Lyon home GE Concord installed by builder entire house wired. previous owner had ADT come in I have master code not INSTALL code when I use 8 6321 it says enter CMd when I do 00 or 03 it beeps and kicks me back to original screen I don't know how to tell if I have an alpha numeric or fixed english key pad. I am now using next alarm and want to program system to report arm/disarm. PLEASE help thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-09, 06:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
If you keypad doesn't show actual zone descriptors, but only zone numbers, then it's not the right keypad to try to access programming.

GE Guy will give you better info, but that's the basic.

Old 02-25-09, 07:37 PM
So when it shows the status it says zone 01 open if it's a programable one it will say front door open?

Old 02-26-09, 12:24 PM
There are two typed of Fixed English keypads. I suspect if you have one, it's the older version. Does the keypad have a door on it that swings sideways? The newer version has a door that swings down, but so does the LCD version of that guy. You may have an LCD, but the installer simply didn't program zone descriptors in the system. One way to check for sure if you have the installer code is to hit 9+6321 (assuming that's the installer code). This will get you into end-user programming from any keypad. You may also have an older Concord. On older versions, you can't access "quick programming" (8+installer code+3). When you look at the Concord panel in the can, does it have 2 white flexible antennas coming out of the top (they may be covered with white plastic covers)? If so, it's the latest version (4).

Old 02-26-09, 03:10 PM
yes the door swings open to the left. 9+6321 does get me into system menu, but 8+6321 says Enter cmd 03 beep beep kicks me out. My concord box does have two white antenna coming out of it one on each side. any suggestions on what to do next?

Old 02-26-09, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by nat96 View Post
yes the door swings open to the left. 9+6321 does get me into system menu, but 8+6321 says Enter cmd 03 beep beep kicks me out. My concord box does have two white antenna coming out of it one on each side. any suggestions on what to do next?
You have a Concord 4. Sounds like this may be an option that may have been disabled at the factory for ADT. What are you trying to access in programming? You can only put in account numbers, phone numbers, and learn in sensors with 8+code+03. You can't program sensor text.

Old 02-26-09, 09:33 PM
the concord was put in by the builder previous owner had adt come in and activate system I need to permanently remove a motion sensor and have it report arm/disarming to nextalarm. I've put a call into the builder, but I'm guessing adt did something so that I can't access programming Thanks for your input it's the most help I'm getting!!!

Old 02-27-09, 09:09 AM
Mr GEGUY,
I have a simular problem, I just "inheriated" a install job from a previous employee of ours who was an alarm "expert". He got fired and I was left to finish it! I am an electrician and I use to installed alarms about 17 years ago. Anyway what I have is Concord Express pn 60-806-95R and outside of box says "Express Hardware Package F11" S/N is 17316730387355. It has two 2x16 LCD alphanumeric touchpads. As far as I know it has never been powered up and was new in the box when we got it, it still has factory default installer code set at 4321. The problem I have is I can not get into programming mode, when I enter 8+4321+00 it beeps at me and goes back to time screen. I can get into user programming mode (9+4321) or Sensor test (8+4321+3), but no installer programming mode. Can you please help?

Old 02-27-09, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by SLuckman View Post
Mr GEGUY,
I have a simular problem, I just "inheriated" a install job from a previous employee of ours who was an alarm "expert". He got fired and I was left to finish it! I am an electrician and I use to installed alarms about 17 years ago. Anyway what I have is Concord Express pn 60-806-95R and outside of box says "Express Hardware Package F11" S/N is 17316730387355. It has two 2x16 LCD alphanumeric touchpads. As far as I know it has never been powered up and was new in the box when we got it, it still has factory default installer code set at 4321. The problem I have is I can not get into programming mode, when I enter 8+4321+00 it beeps at me and goes back to time screen. I can get into user programming mode (9+4321) or Sensor test (8+4321+3), but no installer programming mode. Can you please help?
Sent you a private message....

Old 12-28-11, 08:26 AM
Greetings, I'm new the the forum and relatively new to DIY security. (I've programmed many systems in my homes, but never installed one).

So, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how this was resolved (or if it was resolved) as I have the same problem described in the earlier posts. Here's more detail:

I had an older 60-806-95R system installed in my primary home that was recently replaced with a newer system. I would like to take the old 60-806-95R parts and do a DIY re-install of the system in a second weekend home. I performed a system reset on the 60-806-95R by jumping the "MEM CLR" solder dots and successfully reset the installer code to 4321.

Now, like the earlier poster described, when I attempt to enter programming mode by entering 8+4321+0+0 all the system does is buzz twice and return to the time screen. I am able to get into user programming mode (9+4321) and sensor test (8+4321+3), but not the programming mode.

My keypad looks like the one at www dot tinypic dot com /r/nnwimv/5, but I don't know if it's the right one to use for programming or not. I also don't know where to get the "60-791 programing touchpad cable" referenced in the install guide.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, if my keypad is the problem, is there a chance I could temporarily use the new keypad that were just installed with the new system in my primary home? That keypad looks like the one at www dot tinypic dot com /r/2j4ow77/5

Last edited by Iron Buckeye; 12-28-11 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-28-11, 04:50 PM
The keypads in both the links are Fixed English and will not allow access to installer programming....You need one of the alphanumeric keypads...

Old 12-28-11, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by GEGUY View Post
The keypads in both the links are Fixed English and will not allow access to installer programming....You need one of the alphanumeric keypads...
Thank you for the fast reply. Is an alphanumeric keypad ALL I need? If I have an alpha keypad connected to the contorl unit's terminals as a keypad normally would be, will I be able to enter programming instructions that way? Or do I need to find one of the programming cables to connect to the "touchpad header" directly on the main board?

Old 12-28-11, 05:32 PM
You do not need to connect it to the main board. You can connect it directly to the buss.

Old 12-28-11, 08:06 PM
Thank you to both of you.

Now the question I'm asking myself is whether it's worth it. Since this is a re-install of a replaced system I already had to buy door contacts, smokes, and motion detectors. Add in an alphanumeric keypad and it's starting to add up. Maybe I should just buy a new system and start fresh out of the box.

Suppose I have more research to do. Thanks again.

Old 01-13-13, 11:23 AM
Hi , how do you do a mem clr? i tried with a screw driver but was unsucessfull. also pleass see pic of the PCB. could you please confirm what specific solder points needs to be shorted? https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwc6kaurqj...%2052%20AM.jpg

Old 07-07-14, 07:28 PM

Mr GEGUY,
I'm having the EXACT same situation. We are remodeling, and have installed a new entry door. I've installed a new sensor on the door and I'm trying to delete/learn sensor. I'll also need to add a few more sensors and relocate the main panel and one of the keypads in the near future. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Shadeladie; 07-07-14 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-08-14, 07:56 PM
Sounds like you may be mistaking the alpha keypad for the fixed english keypad...the newer models both look the same...can you post a pic of what you have?

Old 07-10-14, 07:06 AM
Thanks for your reply. Here is one of the two keypads we have. Both are the same.

Attached Images  
Old 07-15-14, 07:31 PM
Bingo, there's your problem...that's the fixed english keypad