ademco vista 20

Old 03-09-09, 05:11 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ademco vista 20

two questions

1. How do i wire multiple motion sensors to my alarm? It already has 1 motion sensor wired to it? All motion model numbers are IS2535

2. How do i wire multiple glass sensors to my alarm? It already has 1 glass sensor wired to it? All glass sensor model numbers are FG1525

Old 03-09-09, 06:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
In general, if at all possible, you want motions to be on individual zones. You _will_ get false trips with motions, and if you try to put multiple ones on the same zones, trying to figure out which one is causing the problem is nearly impossible.

That said:

Both motions and glass breaks are 4 wire devices; the relay that does the alarm trip is a normally closed switch. You connect the power in parallel, and the alarm switches in series.

Old 03-09-09, 07:14 PM
R
false trip questions I'm not sure I understand exactly is it statement 1 or 2?

1. If my motions are on seperate circuit no false trip if they are on the same circuit false trip (they may trip each other).

Or

2. If my motions are on seperate circuit no false trip if they are on the same circuit you wouldn't know which motion was giving you the trouble?

Old 03-10-09, 05:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Motion detectors are the most false alarm prone component of any security system. No matter what you do, you _will_ get false trips from motions, sooner or later.

Knowing that, it is good installation practice to not put more than one motion on a single zone, because if you do, it is very difficult to figure out which one is your problem.

The secret to successful alarm installation is to not create problems for yourself.

Old 03-10-09, 07:30 PM
R
Thank you for all your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: